Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Commercial Work

wilgold

Hi Guys,

I have just received a phone call from a company call Office Care Services. They have asked me to price up our local Halfords. The job is to clean the store front inside and out every other month.

I have a few commercial jobs which mainly consist of pubs etc and I have no idea how to deal with a firm like this.

What is the approximate going rate for this type of work? How do you charge them? Do you have to invoice them? Etc etc

How does everyone else manage/run their commercial work?

Cheers

Will

just quote what your happy to work for thats all i do and if you still cant figure it out try breaking it down on how much time its gonna take to clean then price based on that but id overcompensate time wise its it nearly always takes longer than expected, forget what everyone else earns as long as your happy with with your wage thats all that matters! id imagine the going rate depends on the area you live in and how many windows etc most commercial jobs like this work on invoices but its down to the customer and how they operate some pay cash some invoice so youd be better off asking them about payments etc good luck with quote!

by the sounds of it its a sub contract job personally i wont do them not worth the hassle especially for just one shop front. you will probally need to invoice them plus they will want copy of insurances etc you would be best off getting contract as well also depending on the firm they sometimes pay 30-90 days after date of invoice.

I would look at it see what its worth to you then ask them few more questions.

i got asked by a company to clean my local halfords £20 in and out every 2 month and 2 pets at home stores every month one was 1 window and a door and they wanted to pay £5 the other was 3 windows and sliding doors £12 they wanted 5 mill of cover plus a fill out an approved contracters form really wasnt worth the hassle

Yeah that's what I thought. Haven't been to price it up officially but I know it's not a big job, maybe one slide door and a couple of windows either side.

Hi Guys,

I have just received a phone call from a company call Office Care Services. They have asked me to price up our local Halfords. The job is to clean the store front inside and out every other month.

I have a few commercial jobs which mainly consist of pubs etc and I have no idea how to deal with a firm like this.

What is the approximate going rate for this type of work? How do you charge them? Do you have to invoice them? Etc etc

How does everyone else manage/run their commercial work?

Cheers

Will
is that the torquay halfords and the newton about one m8?? if so ide stay well clear i have stoped cleaning them as they took way to long to pay me {gaina morgen} buy any chance??

is that the torquay halfords and the newton about one m8?? if so ide stay well clear i have stoped cleaning them as they took way to long to pay me {gaina morgen} buy any chance??

No mate I'm in the north east. Was it the same firm tho? Office care services

No mate I'm in the north east. Was it the same firm tho? Office care services
yes m8 i had a nte mare sent 6 emails no reply foned countless times she said ill get on to it took them over 3 months to pay me i was not inpressed she also said she would send me the code so i dident have to fill paperwrk in every time never sent it she foned me last week an said can u clean them this month i said no thanks lol u took to lng to pay ive had to replace u 4 more relible contracts

be carefull of them type of comapnies they go in really cheap then subcontract the work out for next to nothing and never pay bills

Back