Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

non payer

gwindows

Got a custy that stays 20 yards from me and been to her house to get paid only £6 about half a dozen times but keep getting excuse no ££ or my mams no well or just got out of bed a 4 pm , will drop of later but still nowt . The best of it is they walk by my front door every morning to take the bairn to school . think heave ho next time due

I think tell them they are taking the **** and stick a dog turd through their front door

I don't work on my own street for the reason above. Turned down a couple of houses in the last week, some will say money is money well I say privacy is peace. Harder to sack houses off when they live on your street and it's just awkward isn't it.

I had same a while ago about 5 mins from me ,woman and her feller .owes me about 35quid ,f**ked them off ,thing is there kid goes to same school as mine lol waiting in same playground ....awkward lol

they walk past like not a care in world....

Why should you just bin them off without getting payment

No other business would let it slide

I would be hammering on the door every time i passed even for 6 quid

They would pay up believe me

For 6 quid I would just keep hassling them. Pretty embarrassing for them at the school gates in front of all the milfs.

Small claims court, bloody hell where is this all going?

What I do is clean them 2-3 times , if no payment then go to door one evening explain i don't like like it building up to much and they always pay. Saying that I do have 2 or 3 I need to speak to now on my round that owe for 2 cleans. I'm lucky all my customers are either working people with a budget for window cleaning or retired old folk who are sitting on mortgage free houses so have a spare few quid

your instinct, & 1st payment encounter will tell you if they are messers!!!I wouldn't let it go to three payments even with good customers.it doesn't matter if its £6 or £60 its the principle of the matter, and the fact they knowingly have allowed you to clean there windows with NO INTENTION of paying.you have two options,right the money off,or knock the the door every day until you get what you have worked for,i mean every day!!

1 clean & that's it

I don't clean 2-3 times without getting paid.

When I go for the 2nd clean if the money ain't out they don't get done.

Tesco wouldn't let you shop 3 times without paying so why should we??

I have a couple of customers who regularly owe me a couple of cleans or more but they are good friends and i clean them knowing i will be round there at some poimt socially and they always pay so i don't bother even contacting them for payment

I don't let them know i am coming or i have done it

I just tell them what they owe when i see them

Anyone else it is 1 clean and no 2nd one if they haven't paid

This is just as annoying as a non payer

Hi. Sorry but I'd like to postpone my windows tomorrow til another time as the weather's going to be rubbish all week

She did this last time also so i am just about to reply and let her know she is no longer a customer

Another option is get some commercial jobs then simple

Turn up clean windows

Send invoice

Get payed for the job 30 days later.

Also I would get a bank overdraft to buffer the delayed payments any costs incurred are tax deductible so not too bad either way

"Tesco wouldn't let you shop 3 times without paying so why should we??"

We are not Tesco my friend, we are local w/c.

I expect to have to wait for a few customers to pay so I would have a bank overdraft to buffer the delayed payments.

If u have a big enough round to be workin full time then there will always be some over due payments, it's the nature of the business. You need to plan for it.

Most home owners worry about there rent/mortgage 1st priority then bills, unfortunately window cleaner bill is last on most people's agenda

But any other business would want payment before offering their services again

What is wrong with that?

I think it is a complete lack of respect when customers have had a couple of friendly reminders but still not done anything about it

Nothing to do with being the local windie

Does that mean we command less respect?

I work hard to earn a good living and have a comfortable lifestyle

Why should i have to get a big overdraft when people owe me money?

i consider non payers a nuisance but sometimes you have to let it go , its a part of business. same as a shop always gets shoplifters .

as said above long as its under 20 quid sometimes [for your own peace of mind] you need to move on -or else you can get bitter and i can tell you thats not nice

in my previous work i got bitter [as a car mechanic ,slow payers mostly did my nut in ] well one day i snapped and started jacking up the invoices for my work,often by 100% or even 200%. did that for 6 months but folk just coughed up amazingly nobody said a word.trouble is it was too late,id become bitter n jaded and didnt like being dishonest either

"Tesco wouldn't let you shop 3 times without paying so why should we??"
We are not Tesco my friend, we are local w/c.

I expect to have to wait for a few customers to pay so I would have a bank overdraft to buffer the delayed payments.

If u have a big enough round to be workin full time then there will always be some over due payments, it's the nature of the business. You need to plan for it.

Most home owners worry about there rent/mortgage 1st priority then bills, unfortunately window cleaner bill is last on most people's agenda
Well each to there own.

I believe when someone does a job for you & your happy with it you pay them & vice versa.

I don't care if tescos is a big business & we're just "window cleaners" business is business.

I have bills to pay as tescos does.

Think be blunt sitout yer door and say hi window cleaning bill still due Or do wat I do. Tell the neighbour next door and then that neighbours asks them why won't u pay the window cleaner. Humiliation

Latest Posts

Back