Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Is my customer trying to tell me she doesn't want a window cleaner anymore?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Check this one out from today.

They have not even mentioned mine or their name in the text, weird, I've cleaned there windows for the past 3 years every 6 weeks, never a problem before. Have texted and emailed them back and have had no response.

I am really sorry to have to send this text. I know we have had bad weather but the windows cleaned today fell well below our expectations to the point were we are going to have to do them again.

I wish people would just be honest, if you don't want your windows cleaned anymore that's fine by me, thanks and move on.

It's when they try to find fault with your work or some other lame excuse, that gets my back up as it then gets you paranoid that its something you've done or are not doing.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:
Totally agree with this. I had one, I've cleaned her windows for years. I always ring her the night before (an old dear). "Ooh can you leave them tomorrow as I've got a dentist appointment and the dentist has told me I must rest." Well I flipped at her on the phone. She's been a model custy since.
On the subject of whipping then into shape. Sometimes when you tell them straight like you did above, it really works and they get straight back in line!

I do a shopfront once every two weeks that opens at 10am. Once she asked me to commit to being done by 9.50. Then the other day i was just detailing and nearly done when a custy turned up at 9.45 so she let her in early and then had the cheek in front of the custy to say "can you do it earlier" as if i was well late. Really wound me up-typical moaning shopwoman. So i bit the bullet and emailed her the following;

Hello Debbie,

In respones to your earlier comment, the simple answer is no.

I was all set to have finished your shops windows by 9.50am this morning in time for opening at 10am. The best i can offer you is that they be done by 9.45. Other than that i suggest you find another window cleaner.

Sincerley Kent.

My wife thought it was harsh but she emailed me back very politely saying that would be fine!

Felt well good.:cool:

Back