Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Powered Hose Reels

I am waiting on the hannay from gardeners have the original power up been apart more than its been together although the new power up looks better a bit stronger but I don't like the idea that it's 6 mil hose or nothing I put 6 mil hose on original power up and it expanded and broke reel

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

if you absolutley needed 100m of 8mm hose chris then the clover type reel will hold that,the spider in the middle of the reel will need riveting together to stop it falling apart after a while though,

the hd is a very good reel and probably holds about 80m of 8mm hose(the motor is fixed in such a place that anymore hose and it jams against the motor)my hd reel is mounted high up as it can unspool yards of hose all over the place-my experience anyway,

with regards to my hd,i've made some guards to run each side of the reel as its possible for the hose to get caught between the reel and housing when reeling in-again from my experience

as for further advice and to buy one i'd ignore buying from wcw and speak to the lad himself jordan from waterworks (you might have to google that)at least this way you can speak to the guy who makes them and go over any questions you may have,again from my experience the remote add-on is not the best in the world if i'm honest and if i was to go that way again as in remote reeling in i would prefer to use a one shot for that

if you absolutley needed 100m of 8mm hose chris then the clover type reel will hold that,the spider in the middle of the reel will need riveting together to stop it falling apart after a while though,the hd is a very good reel and probably holds about 80m of 8mm hose(the motor is fixed in such a place that anymore hose and it jams against the motor)my hd reel is mounted high up as it can unspool yards of hose all over the place-my experience anyway,

with regards to my hd,i've made some guards to run each side of the reel as its possible for the hose to get caught between the reel and housing when reeling in-again from my experience

as for further advice and to buy one i'd ignore buying from wcw and speak to the lad himself jordan from waterworks (you might have to google that)at least this way you can speak to the guy who makes them and go over any questions you may have,again from my experience the remote add-on is not the best in the world if i'm honest and if i was to go that way again as in remote reeling in i would prefer to use a one shot for that
That's some great advice, really appreciate it. Thankyou

I would go for 70m of 8mm and the rest 6mm

I have used one like that with 70m of 8mm and the rest gardiners reinforced pole hose and it fits fine

It's just a pain sometimes when you have to pull extra hose out to get the 8mm stuff across a road for cars rather than the pole hose

I'm glad someone's asked this question as I was about to order a HD reel now they are back in stock but have emailed them twice to ask what the reel comes with. The website says its plug and play - so does it come with hose fitted? If not what other connectors/adapters would I need? I'm a bit miffed they haven't replied to emails but don't want to pay the ridiculous money for a cox reel or such like, especially as I won't be the one using it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Cheers Green! Hopefully they will answer the phone soon so I can get one ordered. It's back to the old 'which 6mm hose' debate again now then!!

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Cause I dont care for bending over!.

I made a cabinet to house my gas bottle and backpack and the reel sits on top of that.

Previously when I had a clover reel with waterworks add on I found at van floor level it seemed weak on power. Once raised up it seemed quite a bit more powerful.

Makes no sense but that's life.

I still say the cox is better mate

Slower but it's a workhorse

No struggling with the full length of hose out laying on rough grass etc the hd is fast but hasn't got the guts

Well my brackets are being made soon from zee GrippaTank so we will see. I think the rollers let down both reels at the moment. Be great to em both working as they should be.

On the Cox reel it will be massive difference. Unsure on power UP though. It's mainly the pulling out that will make it better.

Back