Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Night time window cleaning

there was a guy who put l.e.d lights on his brush stock looked wicked just so he could start early and finish late in winter:D

there was a guy who put l.e.d lights on his brush stock looked wicked just so he could start early and finish late in winter:D
Yup.....I remember that too.......

I tried that idea, but prefer the 'Head-Torch' method myself :thumbsup:.

I don't think they'd pay me if turned up in the dark with a head torch on /emoticons/sad.png

Might have to get some of those big old motorway generator spotlights! Drive past one the other day on the a12, messed my body clock up it was so bright!

I don't think they'd pay me if turned up in the dark with a head torch on /emoticons/sad.png
Tis why I start early in the morning, I'm just about finishing a job when it's getting lighter and staff are starting to arrive for work......plus no-one sees how silly I look with a head-torch on :rofl:.

got a 6 months suspended last time i was up my ladder night window cleaning

:giggle: only joking

I did get pulled once years ago in the days of using a 99p asda bucket wedged in between the rungs of my ladder with my tools and water in on my car roof

Was also doing a bit of drivers office work for a clinical waste collection company which meant starting at 4am

Copper said we pulled you cos of the ladders on your roof

I pointed to the bucket and tools which they would have seen while following me and said i was driving round the industrial area looking for some windows to covertly clean so the owners wouldn't know I'd done it

Went down like a fart in a spacesuit

Anyone else ever done the bucket in the rungs trick?? Or was i taught by a numpty??

Unless you brake hard and suddenly you can't see for the soapy water on the windscreen and the flying squeegee lol

Yeah that's a slight drawback....

But atkeast your motor smells nice, not of that stinky murky water smell, and stops spillages in the boot!

My bucket has a lid so I wouldn't need to bother, but if I still had a car and was trad, id think about doing it - actaully no I wouldn't, as my bucket has a lid o_O

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought that was a myth tench :rofl:
Started by the RAF in WW2 to hide the fact we had airborne radar made them think our pilots were better.

Presently all if the New Street job has gone night shift working 7pm to 3am.

You are right though the lights on inside does help on all the ones with lights off not so easy to spot any errors. ( not that I make any) /emoticons/smile.png

My only advice if you want to do jobs after closing is to arrange with them to leave you a light on. Don't think I would fancy WFP in the dark.

Back