Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What pole????

Neil

I'm about to train my girlfriend on the windows, I use an 43ft Gardiners pole but looking to get her a pole at the mo I have an clx 18 which I know is not high enough for normal houses and she has said she wants the lightest pole going and she wants an slx 25 , but I'm in 2 minds wether to get the exceed 25ft or a gardiners slx25 I'm thinking more slx25 as I know Alex and his team give great customer service and I've only had one little problem with my gardiners poles and was sorted straight away. I've probably answered my question but just want an opinion from someone else?

I'm going to get grilled here about working with my gf [emoji23] bring it on lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you totally demented? Taking you girlfriend to work? The **** you will have to take once she sees a custie she thinks is hot, she will also know exactly how much dough you make and to top it off when come lunch and she says 'im tired' what you going to do? Sack her?

RUN FOR THE HILLS BOY AND DONT LOOK BACK!! /emoticons/tongue.png

I'm about to train my girlfriend on the windows, I use an 43ft Gardiners pole but looking to get her a pole at the mo I have an clx 18 which I know is not high enough for normal houses and she has said she wants the lightest pole going and she wants an slx 25 , but I'm in 2 minds wether to get the exceed 25ft or a gardiners slx25 I'm thinking more slx25 as I know Alex and his team give great customer service and I've only had one little problem with my gardiners poles and was sorted straight away. I've probably answered my question but just want an opinion from someone else?
I'm going to get grilled here about working with my gf [emoji23] bring it on lol

I would agree with you that you've answered your own question./emoticons/biggrin.png

I've used an SLX 25 daily since the day Gardiners originally retailed them- I can highly recommend the pole & the company!:thumbsup:

Only tip I will give you is that if she has a killer body, have her in a t-shirt a size too small and have her do all the fronts where neighbors can see. Tactic used by a Polish mate and his missus in London, you will be amazed at how many men suddenly realize they do need a window cleaner.

Are you totally demented? Taking you girlfriend to work? The **** you will have to take once she sees a custie she thinks is hot, she will also know exactly how much dough you make and to top it off when come lunch and she says 'im tired' what you going to do? Sack her?
RUN FOR THE HILLS BOY AND DONT LOOK BACK!! /emoticons/tongue.png
I work with her most days doing inside contract cleaning and now ready to have her on the windows too [emoji108]

Only tip I will give you is that if she has a killer body, have her in a t-shirt a size too small and have her do all the fronts where neighbors can see. Tactic used by a Polish mate and his missus in London, you will be amazed at how many men suddenly realize they do need a window cleaner.
I tried this myself but I lost customers for some reason [emoji23]

You may need to start her off on bottoms and some tops until she builds up the muscle to hold a pole at height. That will leave you to do tops only for a while.

First hose reel pulled out to the back of the house. Whilst you clean those top windows she pulls the second hose reel out to the front and starts on the front door.

When you have finished the top windows at the back, uncouple your hose and go to the front and couple into hers. She then takes her pole to the back, couples into your hose and starts the bottoms. She will then go back to her hose and do the bottoms in the front.

You then move onto the next house with your hose reel, hopefully next door and start again.

If the house has a conservatory, then you will need to double back on yourself as you will be finished the tops long before she has finished the bottoms.

That process worked for us a few years ago when the wife worked with me for a few days. Unfortunately our working relationship was doomed from the start. I had done wfp for 7 years and within an hour of her first picking the brush up, I was doing it all wrong - she had a better idea. She also would go and sit inside the van when the hose reels and poles had to be put away. She didn't think it was necessary for her to wipe the sills off or dry the front door or bother to shut the gate or write out a ticket.

So actually each house seemed to take longer than me doing it on my own.

Last edited by a moderator:
My bird is nothing like that she's a top worker and soon will be in partnership with me [emoji106] but I know what you mean mate I've worked with people like that before and I just want to fight them lol

Although I had a clx22 and slx22, the wife found them both too heavy to begin with.

Before Gardiner's we used to use modified fishing poles which are quite rigid and very lite. She managed fine with a couple of sections of those with a lite Extreme brush.

She's going to have to get use to the weight because in 2 months I want her on a 50ft pole helping me out [emoji23]

Now I've seen this pole has anyone used facelift poles? It's cheap too

FaceLift Phoenix EDGE CarbonPhoenix Edge Carbon

I don't know why it's cheap Neil maybe it's **** (talking to myself here people) [emoji23]

Because the edge is ****, get the Phoenix x poles, there awsome!

I've got two and they are superb, the 18ft and 25ft, I use the 18ft for most houses and the 25 for 3 storey stuff,

I've also got a gardener slx35 for the higher stuff I've got,

I'd recommend the Phoenix x poles mate

My clx 18 is high enough for all the houses i do, it just wont reach 2nd floor windows, but i only have two houses on my round ith second floor windos so not really a problem.

just get her the gardiner pole it will save ur head in the long run her saying

i told u to get me this one

/emoticons/tongue.png

maybe just invest in aother van so use dont have to go out together lol top tip :) u wont need to listen to her /emoticons/biggrin.png

Back