Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Which Back Pack?

which backpack

• gardiner

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • wcw

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • big boy

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • esr / ws ones

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • shurflo version

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

jimbob

after borrowing a mates wcw backpack for a couple of weeks whilst my trolley was broken ive decided im going to get one as well as a new trolley there handy little things to have but im not sure which one to go for his wcw one was ok but not brilliant on flow control but then again it was a bit old and battered so im going to do a poll on which people find the best/ use any that ive missed please feel free to add

Wouldn't touch another WCW one, shite reliability and shocking customer service. I'd buy a Gardiner purely based on their customer service. I know they're all cheap chinese battery sprayers worth around $30 each

Wouldn't touch another WCW one, ***** reliability and shocking customer service. I'd buy a Gardiner purely based on their customer service. I know they're all cheap chinese battery sprayers worth around $30 each
Shocking customer service - Really? Is this because of not replacing an item after being out of the 12 month warranty? A little harsh don't you think.......

I'm not getting into it again, suffice to say the last speed controller lasted less than 3 months which is completely unacceptable. Especially after having so many failures incidentally they're both running without them now as they're completely dead again! I'll be making my own now and looking into selling them as a replacement part for the WCW backpack seeing as they are readily available for

Eclipse,

While providing you with 'shocking service' we did send out quite a number of replacement speed controllers (free of charge by the way - as should be) over the last 12 months of the warranty. The way you have gone through them this would go on indefinitely, but as the warranty expires its standard business practice that any replacement parts are chargeable.

Your situation is certainly not the norm, in hindsight we should've had the unit back to us so we could run a full diagnostic to see what the real issues were/are. It must be something else apart from the speed controller. It seems to me that the speed controller is simply a symptom of another problem.

With a faulty product we offer a return to base service, how come this was not taken up in your case?

(By the way if you can purchase replacement speed controllers for under 5 pounds, please let me know where or in fact we could buy some of you as some spares!!)

Had my wcw backpack 18 months now & the whole thing is still working brilliantly. My big boy is also still going strong. I have a controller tap on both of mine so once my flow is set I don't really change it. Alter it by the taps. Gotta admit to that all the dealings I've had wit wcw they have been great.

That's strange, as staff are trained to offer an number of options to get the customer up and running as quick as possible should an issue arise. Eclipse, quite happy to get our guys to look at your unit, I'm stumped why you've had issues and needed so many replacement parts over the last year or so. Please pm me or email [email protected]

well i decided to go for the gardiner one i could only find the big boy on wcw and i didnt really want to big of one as its only for the odd jobs plus i wanted a clx 18 and a new brush also ive dealt with gardiner in the past and ive got no complaints also the wcw one that i borrowed had the same flow control problems as above

Big boy and Gardiners are made by the same company, therefore the same flow controller.
:Image4: ... :Image1: ... :Image3: .... :Image13: :Image13: :Image13:

Now you've done-it Stephen......get ready for the backlash :Image9: :Image13: .

i would of consider the normal wcw one as it was small and light weight i only wanted something for cutting threw houses or the odd small job but i couldnt find it on your website

There's not a lot of difference in size and it can be as light as you want it to be......just put less water in :Image9: .

There's not a lot of difference in size and it can be as light as you want it to be......just put less water in :Image9: .
yeah i thought about that then thought whats the point of getting a 22ltr if youre not goin to use it plus i like gardiner stuff i know most things are made by the same supplier but just seem to prefer that the same as electronics i always choose samsung over everything else

iv got the 22lt one use it all the time till i get a new flow controller for van. it is heavy even when empty but i have it on a B&Q trolley and a bungee round it seem's to run for ever on a charge. I used to use a shed load of water but i pinch the pole hose now while cleaning window. I cant comment on any of the others but this one has earnt me money and as of yet not let me down yet. iv had it 6 months and use it all the time just a pain filling up with 25lt barrels but that would be the case for all of them.

yeah i thought about that then thought whats the point of getting a 22ltr if youre not goin to use it
Always handy to have a bit more water carrying capacity than what you need...saves running back to the van just for an couple of litres of water, if when doing a regular clean and you find the windows dirtier than usual

Like I said, you don't have to fill/brim it every time...but the option is there.

Latest Posts

Back