Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

gutter cleaning

pateman

i was woundering wat i should b charging for gutter clearing?? Ive had a few to quote but think ive been a bit low?? I got the jobs and so i only cleaered out the gutters and i charged £20!! Does tht sound about right. Thanks lee

i was woundering wat i should b charging for gutter clearing?? Ive had a few to quote but think ive been a bit low?? I got the jobs and so i only cleaered out the gutters and i charged £20!! Does tht sound about right. Thanks lee
Too cheap mate. If someone gets in touch to get you to clear their gutters, there's a reason why. They are scared to go up there themselves. So, ask yourself a question, how much would the customer want for going up and clearing out someone's gutters? More than £20 I bet. Some on here charge something like £5 a meter :eek: no names mentioned /emoticons/wink.png. I don't charge as much as that mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
learn as you go, go do it for £20 for the experience, then after a few hours sweating and swearing ask yourself if it was worth £20. next time youl know what to charge and it wont be 20 quid

Thanks for the advice think ill start charging per metre from now on. Luckly it wasnt as big as your house there smurf it was only a small 3 bed lol

I managed that on my own in a day but got paid a very good whack so I was a very happy bunny /emoticons/smile.png

Yes, it certainly is dangerous. And really you should have a ladder standoff, I suppose
I would not still be doing this kind of work if I had not invested in the kit I use for sure.

a lot depends on how busy you are. if youre sitting at home youre not earning a dime, then 20 quid is a nice little earner.

on the other hand if you really are busy then you must charge MORE than whatever job you have had to delay doing-and then some

its a very risky job if you are not a fulltime ladderman, in fact unless you are using your ladders at least once a day id say you should pass laddering gutterwork onto someone else

thats reminded me, a bloke near me has asked me can i help him set up a ladder to clean out his gutters,he doesnt want me to do the job, wont pay, but wants my advice. oh no, you cheeky git-i wont be saying a word but might watch him climb from a distance then shout advice [look out frank its on the move!!! ]

Last edited:
Be warned If it's one of your regular window custies who wants it done as part of the next clean estimate the job if it's the worst one you are ever gonna do. I got caught out just today. I did a quick check last month and gave a price. Turned up today and gutters were absolutely chocka block. Moss, sludge a nightmare. Estimated it would take a couple of hours. No 4 hours. She payed extra anyway and kept the drinks and biccies flowing. But even after 15 years on the job you can get a brain freeze. Course if you got gear like the Smurf you probably get it done in half the time.

That's why when I go to price a gutter clearing job up I also do a quick gutter survey using a gopro camera on a pole,:thumbsup:

Thanks for that link. With regard to your ankalad stabiliser if I fitted one to my ladder I wouldn't use it all the time but I don't want to faff taking it on and off. Will it get in my way or does it fold away well.

Thanks for that link. With regard to your ankalad stabiliser if I fitted one to my ladder I wouldn't use it all the time but I don't want to faff taking it on and off. Will it get in my way or does it fold away well.
When not in use it fold in to the stiles of the ladder.

Back