Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

fao mr gardiner

I have asked the same question today. Should have had the first samples by now from the new tooling. I am chasing /emoticons/sad.png

Also got to see the final working prototype today of another hi-tech electronic flow device arriving in July /emoticons/smile.png

Thanks for the update Alex.

I'm still trying to pluck up the courage to place that order

I have asked the same question today. Should have had the first samples by now from the new tooling. I am chasing /emoticons/sad.png
Also got to see the final working prototype today of another hi-tech electronic flow device arriving in July /emoticons/smile.png

Hi Alex.

Is your new flow control device going to be similar to the uni-valve?

And is your new electronic device similar to the one shot remote?

i guess the device could/would be an electronic valve at the brush head,i think x-line trialled one early on in the year or maybe last year i can't remember,

life was so much easier when we just stood on the hose or bent it over,i always thought peter fogwill had one of the better ideas with his auto brush so simple and precise and have been thinking of making a couple for my poles as a means to swap from fans to jets at just one "knock"

Hi Barney

The new flow control device is similar to the Uni-Valve in that it shuts off water flow with a single motion. It is different in that it will be built-in and uses a different action to shut the water off.

The new electronic device is similar to the one-shot remote in the way that the Model T Ford is similar to the Bugatti Veyron /emoticons/wink.png

Actually the main unit will be grey - The black is to imply being hidden in the shadows until after the ISSA in Amsterdam next week /emoticons/smile.png

It is due for release in July 2016

Guess we'll have to wait 2/3 months then./emoticons/sad.png:eek:ldy:.

By the way does the slx 25 fit in the Bugatti Veyron, or will I need to put roof rack on with pole holder.:rofl:

Hi Alex.
Is your new flow control device going to be similar to the uni-valve?

And is your new electronic device similar to the one shot remote?

I seem to remember that I read somewhere that Steve says he has a patent on an on/off valve operated by pulling the hose as in the A/D and univalve. If this is correct then Alex hasn't got that design of operation available to him. All that's left is turning the pole - Peter's Aquatap - or some electronic controlled/solenoid on/off tap. It won't be hand operated as that doesn't make sense as it would never compete with the Univalve.

It would also be interesting to know how many Univalves Steve has sold since release. Steve took a massive gamble on sending his end product directly to market, although I'm sure there must have been some testers out there. I maybe wrong but Herman the WCB in Australia appeared to have his at exactly the same time as they were released in the UK.

Sometimes these things are all about timing. In this case, each valve Steve has sold is a potential lost sale for Alex.

-

Last edited by a moderator:
i thought that too spruce,hermans all trad mainly from what i remember from chatting to him,unless it went to a mate out there?
Hi @kevinc250. You're right as he mainly does trad, but he does dabble in wfp as well.

He's is in a totally different window cleaning environment to us in the UK. We have friends in Sydney and they have their windows cleaned twice a year as they did when they lived in the States. Cleaners also mainly use trad methods as the majority of the houses are what we call bungalows. Herman works in NSW and just down the road from Bathurst.

Being rural it will only have a couple of first floor windows in the whole town.

Our friends noted that shortly after the windows are cleaned they can see streeks in the rising and setting sun. On another thread I mentioned a customer of ours who had visitors from Australia ask their relative how she gets her windows so clean. She was surprised to hear that they were cleaned wfp about a week before they arrived.

It shows how is doesn't take long before a window cleaned the traditional way shows up streeks because of the film of soap left behind on the window. In Australia they have the heat and dust that will make those squeegee lines more visible quicker.

They say that the man who cleans out their house gutters comes every 6 weeks. The business to be in is gutter clearing.

Latest Posts

Back