Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Black squidgy marks

Gary Harry

Hi, what do you guys use to get Black squeegee marks of window frames .

I've started to use unger rubber and noticed more black marks on the frames hard to get off , any ideas appreciated Thank

Those marks aren't from the squeegee they are from old rubber seals that have started to oxidise and break down on the surface

Wipe them with a wet cloth as they are made before they can dry

If they are stained a quick scrub with a magic sponge will take them straight off

Hi, what do you guys use to get Black squeegee marks of window frames .I've started to use unger rubber and noticed more black marks on the frames hard to get off , any ideas appreciated Thank
Thank you I think I left them on to long yesterday , many Thanks Gary

Those marks aren't from the squeegee they are from old rubber seals that have started to oxidise and break down on the surfaceWipe them with a wet cloth as they are made before they can dry

If they are stained a quick scrub with a magic sponge will take them straight off
You can actually get black marks off the squeegee rubber mate, I've done it quite a few times. It often happens on the ones where the frames sit flush to the glass with no seals. You'll often hear squeeking when it's happening. As far as cleaning them off, I don't.

Been a long time since i used anything other than red razr so can't really remember but the rubber seals sometimes do it as you can see the water running off the bottom frame black

Been a long time since i used anything other than red razr so can't really remember but the rubber seals sometimes do it as you can see the water running off the bottom frame black
Yes had that many a time. It's a nightmare, especially on a hot day.

Back