Water Marks...

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Masons, Nov 5, 2011.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Masons

Masons Guru

Oct 18, 2011
    I have been cleaning a Evans Halshaw showroom for the last couple of months, and though in the past water marks have faded over time or been left as a mutual no-go area, these are bad as they wash cars right next to the windows and constant splash has left large water marks all over the windows which are about 2mx2m, so how do i get them looking new?
    I have tfr in the van, will that work?
    i doubt it, what do you use?
  2. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

To be honest masons, i think you are on a hiding to nothing there!. If they are washing cars right next to the showroom windows its always going to be a problem for you. Speak to a manager or someone in charge, explain the problem see if you can arrange to miss out the affected window, or if possible have them wash cars somewhere else on the premises?. I dont think tfr will work, indeed, as tfr is often used cleaning cars, it could be what is leaving the marks. I would be inclined to try a good quality glass polish, or possibly t-cut, but you may find that you wont be able to get rid of them. Ive been a car valeter in my dim and murky past, and i can tell you, some of the stuff used, esp for wheels, is real nasty, the marks you see might actually be 'etched' INTO the glass, as opposed to being stains ON the glass, if that is the case, it will virtually impossible for you to get rid of them. If you can get rid of the marks, you may find that your 'normal' clean is enough to keep on top of it, but if you are going to have to use polish or something every time you are there, it will add heaps of time on to your clean, so make sure and price accordingly. I just do houses, no commercial stuff, too much hassle getting paid, and having to deal with stuff like this. One more thought, you say you have been doing the place for a couple of months, so who was doing it before?, maybe whoever it was stopped because it wasnt worth the hassle...., good luck anyway!.
  3. mineral remover from b&q, charge extra to cover the cost, job done