Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

I Love Wfp

Belfastcleaning

I had been trad for approx 4 years.. Always said wfp wasn't for me.. But about 6 months ago I decided to get a wfp set up.. At first I was only doing the areas I hated by ladder, the high and dangerous work.. As time went on I gradually changed the majority over to wfp tops.. And the rest will be changed very soon..

I work with my dad, he does bottoms trad while I do the tops with the pole.. Last week I was on the pole all week.. There is a few tops that ladders are needed tho.. And now im very rarely up a ladder, i felt a bit dodgy up them!

Yesterday we were doing bungalows so I was back with the mop and blade.. And I am starting to dislike it!! It's the scrimming and wiping up, hands cold and getting battered and stinking.. I was thinking what's the point doing wfp tops then trad bottoms?

Anyone else feel like this?

I've not done any wfp yet, but i would imagine if you have it set up you may as well do the bottoms wfp as well.

What's your dad think abt wfp, is he old skool trad?

Aye he thinks it's great, i done all the ladder work anyway so not much has changed for him lol.. There is a few places we do we are both on the poles and wfp bottoms too.. He is looking forward to his new tecbuk brush coming.. He also prefers them to the gardiners! Said gardiners are only good for cleaning gutters and fascias lol

Glad you posted this belfast as just goes to show how many can benefit by changing over to wfp.

Regarding what kit you use that's down to personal choice as everyone is different....

Yep trad sorts the men from the boys lol. I do a bit of wfp but not a lot. I still love doing trad but I remember Belfast when you started it you weren't to confident & was getting fed up & a few of the lads said keep it going and they were right & glad it's working for yer.

I was the same I didn't like the idea of wfp but I like it a lot I still do 1st cleans %100 trad just to be safe in the knowledge all the frames are spotless .

All maintenance cleans are now wfp tops and trad bottoms I only do the tops due to water production and using my car , I only carry 120 ltrs of water at a time and this sorts me for the day .

But I will go %100 wfp as soon as I can .

belfast u were angry at the hose and that before but now u got used to it /emoticons/wink.png

good to hear /emoticons/tongue.png

id u want the big jobs etc then wfp is the way forward /emoticons/smile.png

Yes it did cheese me off the first few weeks. Figuring out which way was best to go around, what way to take different windows etc, becoming friends with the hose instead of calling it a £)&@&£ lol.. But I'm now a lot quicker, calmer and safer and enjoy it.

I was up the ladders yesterday in the area I first started with, told them all next time will be with the pole and they were all happy enough and agreed it was mainly for safety.

Iv 1 last street change over, where I live and I'm around today so will be telling them all it will be the pole from now on.

I know ladders are safe and I'll still use them for gutters etc.. But it sure beats climbing a ladder 100+ times a day!!

You know you love trad BC!

Keep at least one of your rounds Trad, you wont regret it,(example your bunglow round) you know you want to BC!

What am doing is probably keeping all trad round trad for now, but I want to get new estates, where most have difficult windows, so will be doing that wfp.

Want to get a proper trolly, one I have(diy) is rather heavy....

i still lern new tricks with hoses till this day /emoticons/smile.png i know a lot of shortcuts now /emoticons/tongue.png

Sorry guys. I dont understand why anyone would still do trad on bottoms but wfp for tops unless working from a car. I set up my business literally the day after i left school and I did trad for 8 years. Then I got my first wfp setup. I have been using it for 8 years and switched EVERYONE to wfp instantly. No one had an option. Lost perhaps 3 clients during the switch over. Everyone soon loved it. I don't do any external windows with trad stuff and am not sure why anyone would having invested in wfp...

Sorry guys. I dont understand why anyone would still do trad on bottoms but wfp for tops unless working from a car. I set up my business literally the day after i left school and I did trad for 8 years. Then I got my first wfp setup. I have been using it for 8 years and switched EVERYONE to wfp instantly. No one had an option. Lost perhaps 3 clients during the switch over. Everyone soon loved it. I don't do any external windows with trad stuff and am not sure why anyone would having invested in wfp...
Yep hope some people realise sooner then later /emoticons/smile.png

I have to agree. When we convert people over to having their windows cleaned with pure water we tell them it's better than cleaning the windows with soapy water and a squeegee, so they'll feel better about the new method, right? What do we say when they see us cleaning the ground floor windows with soapy water? It doesn't make sense to me so I do them all with my WFP. If traditional window washing really is the better way the whole house should be done with a squeegee from a ladder, right?

PS

In the US we don't have any laws saying we can't climb ladders.

bostonmike in the us i heard that customers arent educated about cleaning in the winter..... just sprint/summer ?

bostonmike in the us i heard that customers arent educated about cleaning in the winter..... just sprint/summer ?
Yes in the Boston area most of the guys close up shop after Christmas and don't reopen until the end of March. It gets really cold in New England, and working residential gigs without gloves can be brutal. Also climbing ladders in the ice and deep snow is an even bigger bummer. Very risky business setting up ladders on icey surfaces. I think they do residential windows down south where it's warmer all year long but I'm not sure.

It's about being able to afford a full wfp set up .

I'm working from a 3 series estate I have no RO only resin I started trad and eventually started using wfp

If I could carry 400 litres a day in my car I wouldn't do any trad .

Back