Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Round management - (pen and paper style)

WCF

Help Support WCF:

How do I get aworka, everytime I go to their page all it says is login, and password. I don't have an account so how do I get one?? I use George but sold quite a bit of the round and you can't remove more than one job at a time. New year, new system

Thought you said you didn't regret getting George Mr Boar?
In my intoxicated state last night, I downloaded George to have a look at it. Then after another glass of red I input a customer or two, just to see what it would look like you understand. As the wine flowed my fingers typed and, well I have a third of my customers on the system,........................Now, do I continue and try it out or not.
i dont regret buying it , in fact i know without it id be lost at sea . my hating it all started from a casual comment my missus made ages ago one evening "u hate doing that dont you"

up till that point i never gave it much thought, after all its a part of the business ,a necessity . i even started thinkin of paying somebody,maybe have them do telesales AND george ,just to get the infernal george off my back

but i got a grip ,im on top of it , if i put my mind to it i can now do it on a friday evening ! - glance over at the missus and sneer " its all done ,simples!"

My spreadsheet works well

I print off whats due that week and send copy to my phone

Write on the spreadsheet on phone when it's done and who has paid and when next due (takes 2 seconds after doing a job)

10 minutes at end of week to update

Just email to myself and save on pc

It's just 1 file that keeps getting saved over old one and backed up on memory stick and phone for security

one george tip i can give , to save on paper is to input each customer details in a much shortened form, e.g 31thrntnCl£8

this will then allow you to print off a whole weeks work with price on just 1 sheet of paper , easy to refer to on the street

I always print a copy just incase i am in a rush

When i get home i can update on phone or pc in minutes

Also end of every month i save a copy for the taxman for that month

With that and my spreadsheet for expenses/outgoings i am 100% covered and don't need an accountant

Its just a chore I guess another something to be done.

I like the look of the George software and shall give it a go. I don't think the free trail will last long though as you only have 60 logins, and it will take some time to get the customers on. A lot of going in and out of the system.

iv just had a lightbulb moment ,so will write it on here for my later reference. i wrote how if you shorten the address on George you can get a whole weeks work printed on 1 sheet , well what about when youve more work than what will fit on 1 sheet? up to now iv been gluing a 2 nd sheet below the 1 st . this has bugged me

but iv jus realized an answer to the 2 sheet problem -if i condense 2 addresses (neighbours) into 1 address line iv now bags of room on the sheet

e.g. 3+5hawthorn£8

George seemed a bit old fashioned and not that intuitive to use when I did the free trial, I can see it taking some admin, Aworka on the other hand seemed very simple and quick.

I like the idea of Aworka, but I am not comfortable with my data being readily available to third parties. Customer details, contact numbers and other notes are supposed to be safe on a 'cloud' system, but look at the damage that could be done if it was not safe.

For the price it looks great value. I just can't shake my distrust of the online systems. At least with george, it is a stand alone programme.

Been using a diary with another book with a full list of each customers details, but now the round is growing I am going to be using Aworka, when I can be arsed to input all the customers on it /emoticons/tongue.png
They putn all the info in for me when I brought this a year ago,

I used to be paper and pen, I hated it, such a chore.

I have had aworka for a year now, I had all my addresses on a spreadsheet, so sent it to aworka who put all my info in for me, it would have taken me ages.....Best thing I ever done. worth the £100 a year, or £10 a month....plus had a few weeks free to make sure it was write for me...

Now to move jobs I just drag it to the day I want, I know exactly how much I am owed.and when they were cleaned. if they pay online.deliver etc.

if someone calls me and ask when they are due, I just click on jobs tab input address and it will give me the last date cleaned and the next one....when I print my daily work it also states if anyone owes money, when they were last cleaned and when they are due next which is good if customers ask,

I can print all money owed, weather it be online payments or collecting, I can separate to save on ink...as no need to print online payment debt list...

if it rain ones day and I don't work, I can move all jobs on to the next day, the whole list....

I highly recommend. wish I had done it sooner.

Sounds good Shazzy. The one thing I don't like about George is when you drag a job over to another day and it doesn't stay in the order of jobs of where you dragged it. You can set your order of jobs up, but it's a ball ache.

Used WCP and tried George (far too outdated). Now moved onto cleaner planner, I can text customers, take payments and send emails, all from one place.

I tried cleaner planner, but found it difficult to see who owed me money, who had and hadn't paid etc, probably my failure but just didn't find that part of it intuitive, also found it difficult to quickly look up peoples phone numbers as well.

I suppose everyone is different. If you click on debts it comes up with all the rounds together, or you can choose which round debts you would like to view. Its all about intergration for me. I can text each customer who owes, straight from the software and I will soon have direct debits set up as well. Once work has been completed I can click, pay via go careless and it processes the payment. Also I can send bulk email ads. The app for both Apple and android work great too.

Not impressed with George. Unless I am being a fool, there appears to be no way of moving the whole round forward a few days if you have been off sick or had wet weather. Therefore the days missed will show as overdue and there is no way of catching up.

Frustrating

Back