Water Tank Security/Safety

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by vito61, Oct 25, 2011.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. vito61

vito61 Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2011

Tried to start this thread under the DIY section.
    How do you fix your tanks in your vehicles?
    What have you found to be simple, cost effective, SAFE?

Lets have your experiences please. (I've described mine under the DIY section)

Thanks. Vito61
  2. nearlyclean

Dec 20, 2010
    I carry 25 l water containers and if going far I tie a cable strap round them all to keep them together,had to brake hard a couple of times and when 25 l hits the back of the chair it makes you think.
  3. Masons

Masons Guru

Oct 18, 2011
    LOL it does nearlyclean I've had the same experience as I have no bulkhead in my van hehe.
    I did have a quote from facelift for a fitted tank in my Kangoo which I was close to getting, as I apparently could fit a 350litre in it, but decided not to go ahead as of yet as trolley system works pretty sweet and is 1000's cheaper.
    I will probably get a fitted 350litre or buy a van prefitted next year. Ad when that happens I'll probably get purefreedom which are cheaper and I trust their equipment too as I've used both, even if it is a drive.
    Look on the net and get general quotes off the phone from diff companies, best solution.
    I still dont trust any method I have of keeping my cans tied to the floor.

In a crash I would die lol.
  4. i bought some angle iron and made my own straps and bolted them to the floor
  5. JackHomes

JackHomes Guest

In view of the recent unfortunate 'body in water tank' incident, there were concerns raised about water tanks' security & safety issues across the island. To help residents better understand the processes Hougang Town Council put in place, below are HGTC's water tanks' safety guidelines enforced throughout the years.
  6. nemcouti

nemcouti Guest

"I don’t think DIY is effective when it comes to water tank cleaning. Because you are not just cleaning the tank, you are making sure that there’s no bacteriological presence inside it after it’s cleaned. As far as my knowledge goes there are some legal technicalities that you need to meet through tank cleaning.
    One of them is Legionella disease prevention. Along with removing debris, biofilm, preventing Legionnaire’s disease is also must for water tank cleaning in domestic premises.
  7. Paul

Paul Guest

Think you have the wrong end of the wfp there pal there securing not cleaning, or is this by anychance more spam
  8. mark m

mark m Hero

Feb 22, 2012

badbusdriver Guest

Yeah Paulrods, i think the 2 posts before you look a bit fishy!, certainly nowt to do with the thread!.

Tank security, yes, it is an important consideration, but i suspect at least some among us, dont put too high a consideration on it!.
    I have taken what i felt was the obvious route, utilizing the existing load securing points in combination with a made to measure steel frame. I removed the brackets for the load securing points, and had my frame made up to fit, so it is bolted (19mm bolts) straight into the strongest parts of the load bay. The frame is made from 3" angle (i.e, extremely strong!) and cost me a grand total of £100 from a local fabrication company. Painted it with 2 coats of black hammerite, and fitted it, job done!. The way i have my set up also means that, should i wish to use my van for something else, like moving house or something, i can have the whole lot out in less than an hour (assuming the tank is empty!).
  10. windyman

windyman Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2012
    I use 3 ratchet straps...2 strapping it down and one across, sitting up against a bulk head the other side.

I have a 300l tank, but never drive with it full. Most of the time it's less than 100l full. I have big jobs where I just fill it up on site.

I think the straps would be enough for just 100l.