Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Builders clean

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Danfire

I've got four regulars in the same road that are asking me to delay their cleans because two neighbours are in the process having extensions built and two customers are having one built for themselves....they've told me their windows are covered in builders dust....I asked them to enquire if the builders will be arranging to clean their windows when they've finished, they didn't seem hopeful...not sure what's reasonable....how much extra do other cleaners charge over their regular cleans for these jobs?

I would bump up the price for all of them - especially the ones that will be most dirty e.g the customers that are actually having the extension work done. I have only ever heard of the 'offending' neighbour paying / contributing towards the other neighbours clean ....... not the builders themselves.

Really depends on size but an extra tenner each, or 50% increase or just work out how long each is going to take and price accordingly.

Bit of dust from mixing muck or plaster, that drifts over the fence, isn't reallly a problem is it? Not like having expanding foam or render welded to the glass. Don't think I'd charge anymore amigo.

yep part of life so I just cleaned one yesterday that had a new porch put on pretty dirty ....but didnt charge however...

not so sure about custies cancelling due to building work as you need a steady income...after all they probably have one...

so in that case ...yes charge more pointing out that they cancelled you and so its more towards a first clean again.../emoticons/biggrin.png

anyway good luck when that lot have finished..:rolleyes:

wouldnt class it as builders clean if there not stickers plastic or silcone or paint on windows it would benfit u to charge wight as they will no u aint taking the **** and would reccmend u to peeps

but if there is builders silcone ,paint, stickers etc id charge per hour

dusty windows wouldnt be classed as builders clean to me

Sounds reasonable, took a look at the neighbours today and they didn't seem too bad....those having the work done might be a bit more involved and will need a recosting due to the extra windows/doors.

Back