Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Raffale

WCF

Help Support WCF:

There is one, school that mum used to work at did it all the time, all we need to do is donate say £5 using the donate button, and then you can just email a number to the person free of charge, then do a free prize draw. We didn't buy a ticket, you gave us the raffle numbers free of charge, and you just pick one number like you did before,

Apparently this is still seen as needing a licence. I will look into it more when I get chance.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Apparently this is still seen as needing a licence. I will look into it more when I get chance. Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
No, not needed. See attached file on previous post.

Also on this link

http://www.out-law.com/page-6780

Under the Gambling Act 2005, a competition will not be a lottery if it satisfies the "skill" test or if no payment is required to enter. Under the old law, the skill test was satisfied if winning depended "to a substantial degree on the exercise of skill" – "substantial skill" was not required. Under the Gambling Act 2005 the test is whether the person organising the competition has a reasonable expectation that the skill requirement will either deter a significant proportion of potential participants from entering or prevent a significant proportion of entrants from receiving a prize.

Back