Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

OVENS OR WINDOWS ???

WCF

Help Support WCF:

paul1

Would you rather clean ovens or windows as your business votes below please lol

I will kick this off by saying windows asap please, after 9 years of oven valeting I cant wait to try something else /emoticons/sad.png

???

Seriously I've never tried running an oven cleaning service but still must be an ok job money wise if you have been at 9 years ?

Not only that you could still work in bad weather unlike window cleaning surely? :rolleyes:

Its awful smurf yeah money is good but its like scrubbing away at cement 90% of the time... would still do it part time just don't want to rely on it full time just cant do it anymore, need a change big time.

I could say the same thing as like any job you can get fedup with the repetition after a while.

Put it this way I quite like the idea of being able to work inside most of the time say cleaning ovens than working 20 ft up a ladder clearing gutters out etc as can be dangerous work and bloody hard graft.

I have thought about adding oven valeting for yonks now but would not know where to start.

Any chance you could point me in the right direction on what's the best methods & chems you use. I also understand you may not want to share publically on here so could private message me if you like.:thumbsup:

@Smurf - most ovens aren't at eye level, They are down just off the floor. So count me out as I can't get down there.

I would imagine that the only time you get called is when the oven is so filthy that its probably best to send it to the tip

Very True... I could probably bend down on to me knees but struggle to get back up again. /emoticons/biggrin.png

Most jobs are down on knee jobs that's another reason I hate it now my knees are terrible 5 to 9 hours a day doing ovens gets to you but an ideal add on which is what I'm hoping to do put ovens on back burner say 4 a month.

Will pm you smurf but no real secret to be honest

i see the same oven cleaner guy now n then over the years , he never looks happy in his job. he mostly cleans at the back of his people carrier on the verge

i see the same oven cleaner guy now n then over the years , he never looks happy in his job. he mostly cleans at the back of his people carrier on the verge
That's just the dip tank part mate h e will be just doing racks the hard part is the oven indoors.

Cheers

I was at mothers one sunny day when she had the oven man turn up to do her oven, nothing fancy just a basic stand alone cooker with 4 hobs and the oven / grill.

Whilst there a friend of hers called her out to lunch so she asked would I mind waiting till oven man finished.

No problem I said, he had already been an hour, how long could it be now?

Two more hours go by and he's finally done. The bill? £45.

For three hours of real scrubbing? £45, think I will stick to the windows thanks.

I was at mothers one sunny day when she had the oven man turn up to do her oven, nothing fancy just a basic stand alone cooker with 4 hobs and the oven / grill.
Whilst there a friend of hers called her out to lunch so she asked would I mind waiting till oven man finished.

No problem I said, he had already been an hour, how long could it be now?

Two more hours go by and he's finally done. The bill? £45.

For three hours of real scrubbing? £45, think I will stick to the windows thanks.
Totally agree mate sometimes I can do them in an hour ish 50 squid but usually 2 to 3 long hard hours, roll on glass

Glass is the only way forward, I don't even really consider it work, I have had a valeting company, a power washing business (as a stand alone business) but nothing comes close to glass for me.

This week:

Monday: 10am - 3pm £210

Tuesday: 9am - 1pm £165

Today: 8am - 11am £80

Tomorrow (all being well) 8am - 2pm £240

I have mates working their asses off for bosses that don't earn in a week what I can take in two days.

I have a bit of an advantage on a lot of window cleaners in that I had a round previously some years back, sold it outright as I thought it was too much like graft, spent the next five years regretting ever selling the damn thing so now I might sell a bit here and a bit there when I have too much on but the core of my work will be with me till retirement.

Glass is the only way forward, I don't even really consider it work, I have had a valeting company, a power washing business (as a stand alone business) but nothing comes close to glass for me.
This week:

Y

An oven cleaner I once chatted to told me that when he is told it is a minger, it is a nice easy clean, when told it just needs a quick clean it is a real minger!

I have mates working their asses off for bosses that don't earn in a week what I can take in two days.

I have a bit of an advantage on a lot of window cleaners in that I had a round previously some years back, sold it outright as I thought it was too much like graft, spent the next five years regretting ever selling the damn thing so now I might sell a bit here and a bit there when I have too much on but the core of my work will be with me till retirement.
Any tips on building the round up mate? Or anything at all

This week:

as green will tell ya i was considering getting another van and expanding but at the min im doin about 40 hours per week and get great money im thinking to myself why wud i take on more for when im happy with wat i got :)

Would you rather clean ovens or windows as your business votes below please lol
I will kick this off by saying windows asap please, after 9 years of oven valeting I cant wait to try something else /emoticons/sad.png

???
If state of my own oven is anything to go by ... It's windows by a long way

I imagine cleaning ovens is a nightmare

I reckon carpets be hard too as you must get fussy housewives showing you every stain

Windows is easy peasy most of the time

Back