Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Univalves

gaz

Hi all thinking if trying these are they worth a go? Where's best place to get them? I got clx and Slx gardiner poles with standard angle adapter, that be OK? And yellow reinforced hose up pole. Had the swivel valves but not liking them

Buy both together saves on two lots of postages, highly recommended so simple and very efficient at saving water.

Hi all thinking if trying these are they worth a go? Where's best place to get them? I got clx and Slx gardiner poles with standard angle adapter, that be OK? And yellow reinforced hose up pole. Had the swivel valves but not liking them

Gardiner swivel valve? The worst thing Gardiner's have ever produced

Yes I heard the swivel valve was good but my workers not liking them, Now we are thinking univalves ad they don't want taps on pole. What is a tubeless kit? Is this another alternative?

Yes I heard the swivel valve was good but my workers not liking them, Now we are thinking univalves ad they don't want taps on pole. What is a tubeless kit? Is this another alternative?
You won't be disappointed with the univalve. I have 3 poles 2 with univalve and 1 with the Gardiner swivel.

Make sure you fit it the right way round and get the tension in the hose right and they'll be fine

Minty

Can the swivel gooseneck stay on locked in place with a univalve in Too as I was gunna buy new standard angle adapters? Do the univalve work on all gardiner angle adapters and necks? Is my 5mm pole hose ok, it's yellow reinforced from pure freedom? Is 30 pound the cheapest I cam get them for?

Can the swivel gooseneck stay on locked in place with a univalve in Too as I was gunna buy new standard angle adapters? Do the univalve work on all gardiner angle adapters and necks? Is my 5mm pole hose ok, it's yellow reinforced from pure freedom? Is 30 pound the cheapest I cam get them for?
Work on any pole and goose neck setup mate, they fit inline, cut pole hose about 1/2ft down the pole, fit and its done, need to crimp a O-ring on the hose as it exits the goose neck, just utuve univalve and theres a tutorial

Can get 15 percent off if I buy 3 from wc warehouse, would having a spare be useful?

Also is it again putting pole down to tug? It's like u need 3 arms to do the operation

Can get 15 percent off if I buy 3 from wc warehouse, would having a spare be useful?

Also is it again putting pole down to tug? It's like u need 3 arms to do the operation

Work on any pole and goose neck setup mate, they fit inline, cut pole hose about 1/2ft down the pole, fit and its done, need to crimp a O-ring on the hose as it exits the goose neck, just utuve univalve and theres a tutorial

Can get 15 percent off if I buy 3 from wc warehouse, would having a spare be useful?Also is it again putting pole down to tug? It's like u need 3 arms to do the operation
Works like a bathroom pull cord, you will find its natural after 5 mins use, such a brilliant tool, no more messing about with a ball valve on the deck

If the hose is stretchy it may be snatchy in its operation. YouTube it. It shows how easy it is to fit and use. Bin the swivel valve

Bottom hand goes to bottom of pole

Quick light tug

Water on

Do window

Quick tug again

Water off

Can do it with index finger and thumb so not hard to do

Bottom hand goes to bottom of poleQuick light tug

Water on

Do window

Quick tug again

Water off

Can do it with index finger and thumb so not hard to do
Id never get my index finger and thumb round mine its to fat :BS:

Make sure it is a red one as they are newer and more reliable

Although i doubt you will find any of the old ones still in stock anywhere

Does it matter where I buy it from are they all the same?
Exceed price is £29.99 and they include the O clips. The other guys add VAT onto their price and you pay extra for the O clips.

I bought my first 2 Univalves from WCW and paid VAT. The 3rd I bought direct from Steve at Exceed and I didn't pay 20% VAT and got the o clips in with the price.

I suggest you buy the correct blue pole hose from Exceed.

Back