Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Had To Get Me Ladders Out

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Smurf

I hate friging gutter guards!!! :angry: And before you ask no they don't work hence why I had to remove them from 3 properties today /emoticons/biggrin.png

This what came out of the front guttering in the pic (one house only) after the gutter guards had been removed :rolleyes:

Gutter guards are maintenance free my **** /emoticons/biggrin.png

So just wondering do any of you lads install them if so why? :rolleyes:

I have to disagree but agree at the same time .

Gutter guards do work in the way they stop leaves from getting in but they don't stop silt etc from getting in .

I haven't been on a property with them on yet .

If you get into guttervac clearing then best do a camera survey first so you don't get caught out.

First one for me was a 3 storey house that I was to lazy to put a camera up. Turned up to do the job spent time setting up the guttervac then wondered why the guttervac nozzle wasn't going down into the gutter properly. So only then did I put the camera up to find out the reason why. Because it was a 3 storey house I then had to tell the women I could not do it....

Oops! Is that a sapling tree I see growing out of the flowerpot blocked downspout /emoticons/biggrin.png

I recently put gutter guards on for a womans garage, there was trees leaning over the garage, ivy growing all over it.. Removed ivy, cut trees back a bit, cleared all the leaves n **** from

Gutters then puts guards on.. Was the first time I put guards on. And I had to cable tie them down as it was the seamless aluminium gutters.. So going to be a hassle for next clean!!

To be honest I normally pass up properties with gutter guards that is if they want them put back,... more hassle than the jobs worth especially above ground floor....

Seem pointless to me, having one in the spout seems pretty sensible, but not across the gutters

I've found gutter ballons are a pain in the **** too....after time they can block the inlet to downspout up and everything backs up so eventualy the guttering starts overflowing. They are also no good if you use a guttervac to clear guttering as you still have to unblock the gutter ballons by hand :rolleyes:

!CDuPCHwBWk~$(KGrHqF,!k8Ez+t1BmuzBNPheolj3w~~_12.JPG

Back