Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

My New Website

WCF

Help Support WCF:

mufcglen

hi guys,built my website last night and altohugh ive got more to add as i go along it only took my a few hours and im just about to start doing seo stuff and submitting it to search engines etc

what you guys think,im not after anything too fancy,just something that does the job!

heres the link-

http://www.cheshirewindowcleaning.co.uk

cheers guys,firstly the red writing my wife said the same thing so that will be changed later and yep your right im pretty darn ilitirate if thats how you spell it lol so need to get my wife to go through that as shes the smart one and thats why i clean windows lol.

im just setting up google webmaster and analytics and submitting a sitemap now to get that rolling.

lol just changed it all to simple black and white, as i say im not after a over the top site,just a basic site offering my services and ways to contact me simples!!

Just been on your freeindex ad an this made me laugh

"Traditional hands on window cleaning service, no lazy poles and brushes here!!" :Image13:

I see you got rid of the red text but now the black text I think would look better in white on the blue background. Also using a smaller matching font size on all the pages would look better too.

looks gr8

The word WINDOW has been repeated 14 times on yr home page - think is not a good start for SEO ?! i might be wrong

Just been on your freeindex ad an this made me laugh

"Traditional hands on window cleaning service, no lazy poles and brushes here!!" :Image13:

haha i get a few customers who think that wfp are for lazy windies lol so thought i'd put it in the free index post!

ive got rid of two of the window words but im happy with the rest.

i may change the black writing to white but for now im happy, my eyes are going square now after a few hours on the laptop changing things about.

anyway thank you for your comments guys,everyones gratefully accepted and noted.

Haha I know they work hard too pal, I've seen them having to unravel they're pipes out the van and extend they're poles etc thrn finally holding a monster pole,looks pretty strenuous on the arms!

As I say it sells as I'm constantly getting asked if I use one of those big brushes as the old dears put it as they won't have them for some reason and prefer traditional!

I plan on getting a mobile pole for hard to reach windows in the future too

"we offer a traditional cleaning service using the ladders and squeegee's rather than the water fed pipe method as we find it gives a better detailed finish and does'nt leave windows,walls or paths soaking!"

will soon change your tune when you realise wfp is a better method for most jobs

I'm one of those lazy poles :Image13:

I agree pal, I imagine it is quicker however most of the work in picking up is because the customer didn't like the last guy who used wfp so I don't think they'd be impressed if I started using a wfp!

Once I've got a solid round I'm definitely going to look at a system myself to mix in with the traditional work but I'm getting a lot of customers who have complained that the wfp guy seem to leave they're windows soaking and then I had a lady who said her path was slippy after the guy left water to freeze on the path around near the windows so If that's what customers are saying it puts me off looking at going dons that route.

Going up ladders 100's of times a week is defo a young mans job so far play to you. But for me now i prefer just to wave me pole about instead

I got a fair bit of work trad because of poor wfp operators. Every single one is now wfp upstairs and I could turn them wfp 100% tomorrow if I wanted to. Once they trust you its not so hard to convert.

hi guys,built my website last night and altohugh ive got more to add as i go along it only took my a few hours and im just about to start doing seo stuff and submitting it to search engines etc

what you guys think,im not after anything too fancy,just something that does the job!

heres the link-

http://www.cheshirewindowcleaning.co.uk
Ok - take everything below as its meant,.. criticism maybe, but intended to be constructive,..
There are 2 main areas to think about in web design - the first is designing for Google and getting in the search results,.. the 2nd is designing for the viewers & making them pick up the phone - - your site could be improved on both fronts.

1: Your paragraph text is too big - I'd recommend about half that size

2: Your font is hard to read on some screens (Try Helvetica instead).

3: You really need an eye catching logo - try www.fiverr.com for a cheap as chips one that might actually look decent.

4: Believe it or not - you're not selling a service as much as you're selling yourself as the service provider. A photo of YOU on the home page would make a huge difference. More photos of you working (Actually "on the glass") and your van etc through the rest of the site would be great too.

5: The Facebook button on the bottom of the home page is WAY too big.

6: Does freeindex get you work? If not, drop it - thier widget looks horrible & clashes with your colour scheme.

7: Include more keywords in your page titles, and recognise keywords with less competition,.. eg "Cheshire" might be a keyword that millions of websites go for, but smaller towns/villages within cheshire will be much easier targets for first page google ranking.

8: The blue background makes it hard to read the text - it does look goo d though. Perhaps keepin that blue as the background colour for the header & footer would be good, an maybe using a much lighter blue (or even white) as the background colour for the main body of the page would be better.

9: As above - the grey background to the rest of the page looks a bit drab - I'd change it to white myself.

10: More text - lots more. All designed to use page/service appropriate keywords (Never overuse the same keyword, go for a variety!) and make it as easy as possible for Google to know exactly where to rank you.

11: Spelling & Grammar - Don't underestimate how important this is! A pro proof reader can cost as little as £15 (4 gigs on www.fiverr.com is what I normally pay) and helps you give the best possible first impression. If your website text comes across scruffy & careless, viewers might assume that your cleaning services will be the same.

12: NEVER say anything negative - talk about the reasons your method is better, bbut never mention the downsides to the other method. Negative thoughts are contagious, and people feeling negative are less likely to pick up the phone & book your services!

13: Include a postal address - I think this is actually a legal requirement, but even if not, it makes you look more professional.

14: Include a name - instead of saying "Call Us", perhaps say "Call Glen" - - or simply have a paragraph on the home page that includes your name & a bit of background info, eg. "Cheshire window cleaning is a family run business based in Stockport since 1994, managed by Glen...."

15: A landline number would be good - it helps inspire confidence in your viewers.

16: Remove your e-mail addy - otherwise you'll get LOADS of spam as soon as you get decent Google ranking. The contact form should be enough - you could even put a small contact form at the mottom of every page,...

17: Prob too late now - but if you could use a responsive template for better viewing experience via smartphones/tablets you'd increase your potential audience by up to 25%.

Hey thanks very much for taking the time to post that up pal, exactly what I'm after!

I'm going to implement all those suggestions you've mentioned later when I get home and hopefully make it better!

Can I ask one thing when I submit my site map, should I resubmit it after any changes or does it not matter?

If you add or remove pages, then yes - - if you're just modifying existing pages no.

What I tend to do is every time I update a page on my site, I pop a link on my facebook wall pointing to that specific page,.. a kinda "Hey potential customers - looks whats new" type of thing - - and since google is on FB al the time, google will spot the link, follow it & re-crawl that page much sooner than if you wait for it to happen organically. This means any improvements to keywords etc will take effect quicker.

Back