Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Getting my water below 10

AJ windows

Had my filter system set up for 3 weeks now and upon taking a reading today when I switched on my reading was 47. So I flushed system and changed the resin and I'm struggling to get it below 10. Very hard water are! Any ideas? Thanks

Yes my tds meter is a decent one. I was getting readings of 0-4 last week. I've left the tank filling up and the water coming out has now dropped to 8.

Yes as it's called tds creep so if you use a small 10 inch di canister it will kill the resin in no time.

[media]

[/media]

ahh smurfy told me about that tedious creep.....i now flush for a bit...and then into my drinking supply for a bit and then finally ...into my barrels......

Is that 010 after RO as that would probably the best you will get it. When you first open your ro membrane your ppm will always be high then drops after a few minutes. That is why you should if your ro has been static for a while flush your system first.

A 10 minute flush is all that's required really, I'd put money on it being your resin canister not sealing correctly I'd take it off and put on a new rubber seal and try again , your resin would possibly be shot now aswell

What is the reading before going into the 10" resin pod, that is after your ro membrane. Also on your resin pod there should be a rubber seal/washer on the top and bottom.

Might be a silly question but have you also checked you have put the refillable di tube in the right way around into your 10" di canister. Big arrow on the side of it pointing up ?

Even if you put your tap water straight through your resin it would produce 0 for a short time !! So if your getting 10's your ro unit is working well, your fault is with your resin cannister, if these are twisted when fitted even slightly they will never sit correct I'd buy another cannister and have it going through both

So what did purefreedom say was wrong with your 200 gpd ro?

Had my filter system set up for 3 weeks now and upon taking a reading today when I switched on my reading was 47. So I flushed system and changed the resin and I'm struggling to get it below 10. Very hard water are! Any ideas? Thanks

Not spoken with them as of yet, reading was down to 6 this morning just with leaving it running. Few drums of water wasted though in the process.

Might be a silly question but have you also checked you have put the refillable di tube in the right way around into your 10" di canister. Big arrow on the side of it pointing up ?
Yes it was upside down, have changed resin again and corrected and getting a reading of 4 at the moment.

You should be getting a reading after the di canister of 000 ppm if the resin is good.

Disconnect the resin container then let me know what the tds reading is after the ro has run for about 5min. Also check you have the knoby thing in the right position to produce pure. Don't have the di canister connected for this test.

Back