Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Work load

WCF

Help Support WCF:

AJ windows

2 weeks ago I put my second van on the road. As things currently stand both vans are running at 75% capacity. What would you guys do next? 2 men in each van or another van with 1 man in?

I would add a man to each van, work twice as fast for no extra cost on vehicles/insurance etc.

I would also like to know how your gaining so much work! great stuff, well done.

Another van is what I was thinking also. In regards to gaining work 78% of my work is from referrals from my customers. 13% from people seeing my vans out and the rest from listings.

Another van is what I was thinking also. In regards to gaining work 78% of my work is from referrals from my customers. 13% from people seeing my vans out and the rest from listings.
78% from referrals and 13% from listings? Very accurate percentages there, you're not a mathematician are you :rofl:

78% from referrals and 13% from listings? Very accurate percentages there, you're not a mathematician are you :rofl:
Lol it's a must to know what's generating your work. So you know which areas to aim at or need improvement.

2 weeks ago I put my second van on the road. As things currently stand both vans are running at 75% capacity. What would you guys do next? 2 men in each van or another van with 1 man in?
What is your staffing at the moment?

You say 2 vans are running at 75% each. By my maths that works out to 2 and a bit idle days total of your current vans per week. Why are you thinking of a 3rd van when you have over a week total per every 4 weeks of them not working?

Why not get both vans up to 100% then think about off loading some work onto a 3rd van?

Two in a van doesn't mean 1x2 work completed, others have stated it works out to 150% rather than 200%.

That's interesting, would of thought two would mean twice the work, my mrs is coming with me I will get her working hard I tell ya lol

What is your staffing at the moment?
You say 2 vans are running at 75% each. By my maths that works out to 2 and a bit idle days total of your current vans per week. Why are you thinking of a 3rd van when you have over a week total per every 4 weeks of them not working?

Why not get both vans up to 100% then think about off loading some work onto a 3rd van?

Two in a van doesn't mean 1x2 work completed, others have stated it works out to 150% rather than 200%.
This is why I asked mate. I've got one full timer at the moment. 2 men per van is ok in some circumstances but if some work is scattered then 2 men is pointless in my opinion. As you know I've only been going since July 2014 but gaining new customers most days without looking for it. Currently got 3 full streets now amongst my round. Wasn't expecting things to take off so good when I started Tbh. Commercial jobs are gradually , but I'm not targeting them. My goal is 5 vans I'm thinking and then leasing the rounds rather than employing. I think that's doable but will look at that at a later date.

Running vans st 100% I don't think is a good idea as it leaves no time for poor weather, traffic etc.

Latest Posts

Back