Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Water Fed Pole Operator

WCF

Help Support WCF:

C

cassaman

is it me or are there more n more of these people that claim to be window cleaners but can only use water fed poles.

if so they are water fed pole operators NOT window cleaners . we have had a guy on one of our rounds claiming to be a window cleaner. as my customer knows what we do he asked her if she would change to him as he had pure water cleaning method that was better than the traditional cleaning she had( a bungalow) she asked him if like my normal window cleaners do can you clean the inside of the windows as they do , but his reply was sorry buy i can only use the water fed pole method.. as she is a canny old lass ( like grandma she said to him then you arnt a window cleaner then) he said yes i am i clean using w p f. she laughed at him n said if you cant clean my windows inside without that pole n all the water going every were your arnt a window cleaner . hastn't to ad he buggered off . we are still getting our tea n home made cake from her would love to see him clean inside with a water fed pole haha

i have be using the water fed pole for many year good for some bad for others

Because it's pretty rare to be asked to do internal windows its not worth his time to faff about with trad gear.

^^ have to agree. If you can't mop and blade....
been cleaning windows for 30 yrs , went wfp due to jobs we had . still do traditional . shame im not a water fed pole ONLY operator lol

Because it's pretty rare to be asked to do internal windows its not worth his time to faff about with trad gear.
half of these dont know what a squeegee is . ask the about a pole p[ole n they will no maybe

tradional window cleaners are a dying breed me thinks, 10-20 years down the line you wont see many if any trads at all .......... shame

If you want to do the job right and wipe the floor with others in your area use the wfp system but also finish off down stairs with sqweegee and wipe frames and sills with cloth.

There are a lot that give us wfp users a bad name anyone can rush round spraying water at windows .if you know how to clean windows then a wfp gives the best clean with more speed which means more money.

tradional window cleaners are a dying breed me thinks, 10-20 years down the line you wont see many if any trads at all .......... shame
More trad down my way then wfp. People said this 5 year ago but there's still a lot of us about. It's a cheap easy way to start a business & every year new things come out for trad.

Down to cost.

Traditional window cleaners cost is very low so I think theres will always been traditional guys about.

I'm not so sure, plenty of blokes (and women) jumping on the wfp bandwagon cos its maybe easier and faster plus they don't have to climb ladders (they think). It'll push trad out in the end just like squeegee did chamois

The definition of a window cleaner is someone that charges to clean windows be it by rag, wfp or other methods they now call trad including waterless systems.

There is a time and a place for all methods/tools available but is still down to the individual what jobs they want to take on and with what they decide is the most appropriate method/tools they want to use.

Really?! At least 75% of my customers have the insides cleaned by me with a windwash and squeegee twice a year. I also do shops in town who wouldn't have a wfp anywhere near their windows due to insurance and H&S.

Where is the wee blue man with the long white beard gone?

I miss him, but Smurf good to see ya back mate

If you want to do the job right and wipe the floor with others in your area use the wfp system but also finish off down stairs with sqweegee and wipe frames and sills with cloth.

There are a lot that give us wfp users a bad name anyone can rush round spraying water at windows .if you know how to clean windows then a wfp gives the best clean with more speed which means more money.
hi there i agree , i use wfp have been for years but loads of these cant use a appy n squeegee. so if a customer wants the inside doing they cant fulfill the wording as a window cleaner . any one now if they know how to use WFP for window cleaning can use it . if you have the right equipment and you make sure your filters are changed regularly or resins you wont have any spotting tds 0.00 , we use this all the time but still do traditional cleaning also. just been made to laugh of one of my customers . she had this same guy asking her to change to him and promised that this new method wfp will bring all your upvc back to the white as the same as when it was fitted . i had to laugh at this obviously he cant see the discoloration on her window frames . that only upvc cleaner brings back to white ,

There seems to be more where I live on poles,not many traddies at all,I just swapped over,there a quite a few turn up spring to clean,delivery loads o flyers and make a noise,they don't last long,I doubt most of em could use a squegee,I've worked with some in chesterfield on poles a few year ago ,and never used a squegee before ,but claimed to be professional cleaners,lol

Still made a cracking living tho

Back