Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Aquatap burnout backpack pump?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Leeds

Hi guys,

Got a BigBoy backpack, and have been using it with an aquatap for about a year or so. Anyway, when I cut the water off with the aquatap, the pump doesn’t turn off or slowdown or anything.

Anyway, I didn’t pay attention to it, didn’t make a difference, until the other day when it just failed. The backpack just wont pump. Plenty of battery, but no pumping.

I’m starting to think that it isn’t made to be used with an aquatap, and that it eventually has burnt out. If anyone has any experience/knowledge with this, please let me know, if I can salvage this backpack, or not ruin the other one.

(p.s. if I leave it about a day, it works again for a little bit and then it cuts out again.)

They are just chepo china **** backpack sprayer as I've said many times before they are not built to be used for wfp work so you are lucky to get 12 months out of it

Its not the fault of the Aqua-Tap. It is reasonable to expect any pump used in WFP to have a pressure switch.

It sounds like the pressure switch on your back pack @meridion needs replaced.

Back