Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Vinegar In Wfp Set Up

the windows that run like rivers (hydrophobic) has a special spray coating on the glass at the manufacturing stage and the only way to change it is to rub down each window with bronze wool to take that coating off then they will become Hydrophilic

What makes you think it's vinegar Marc? In his special compound lol

Water loving glass EPIC lol

the windows that run like rivers (hydrophobic) has a special spray coating on the glass at the manufacturing stage and the only way to change it is to rub down each window with bronze wool to take that coating off then they will become Hydrophilic
Its not always that, it can be what they have been cleaned with in the past. Clean a window just once with Mr Muscle and it will be waxy for years.

I've seen posts about people putting a little ecover in the water, could this be as simple as that lol. When I've read those posts it's been said that it doesn't affect the end result, could be a load of twaddle I don't know. Vinegar though, I put too much in my trad water once when I first started out and it left a bit of residue round edge and detailing was a beech so not sure that would be it.

Im sure he said thats what it was in the comments lol
I just looked and yeah it is, I have to admit I've seen a few of adders vids and even posted em here and he seems to be pretty knowledgable so might tend to listen to what he says.

I've put ecover in, with no obvious problems, never vinegar though, but think James44 has done it with both together.

You wouldn't even think of adding stuff to pure water, what about the ppm?

Wouldnt adding ecover or vinigar make it go up?

You wouldn't even think of adding stuff to pure water, what about the ppm?

Wouldnt adding ecover or vinigar make it go up?

not used viniga but it dont last u have to re put vinag in a gane .but i have used eco in my water and after the griters have bin out com bind with bad wether when solt is depseted on your windows

it doesnt make a big difference really

but personally i wouldnt risk it /emoticons/tongue.png

what if the windows don't dry properly?

Why does it matter if the window runs like rivers compared to like curtains?

The curtains effect looks better but really make a difference to cleaning?

what if the windows don't dry properly?

Why does it matter if the window runs like rivers compared to like curtains?

The curtains effect looks better but really make a difference to cleaning?
some people are fussy

at the end of the day i arent bothered aslong as i go a good job /emoticons/smile.png no need to add vinegar or wateva /emoticons/tongue.png lol

if you are only putting that amount in it wont really have an effect??
Yeah I thought that, but its amazing how much froth up you get! Makes algae that bit easier to shift

Latest Posts

Back