Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

My First Wfp Setup?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

wilgold

Hi guys i am looking into getting a small wfp setup to help get those hard to reach windows, 3 storey town houses etc. I was looking into buying a trolley system but they are way to much money and i would rather invest in buying a more profesional system later down the line. So this is what i have come up with so far...

TDS Meter = £15.75 (Amazon)

250ltr Water butt = £29.99 (B&Q)

75gpd RO/DI System = £99.72 (RO-MAN)

4x 25lt Drums = £22 (ebay)

Backpack £135.00 (ebay)

32ft Pole = £200? (ionic/gardiner)

Total = £502.46

I live in a hard water area hence why i need a RO/DI and i want to spend not much more than £500 but Is there anything you guys think i should add or change etc?

Cheers

Wil

there are cheaper places than amazon to pick the TDS meters up from, have a shop around.

I got my 3x 200lt blue barrels from local auction and from asking in local paper if anyone has one, any wanted adds even on facebook! worth a try!

dont forget to get resin too, and brush if pole dont come with one.

what area you in??

If you scrounge around farms and industrial places, you may be able to pick up an ibc with 1000 ltr capacity for a similar price if not free, would need to sterilise it but that's easy enough with a pack of tablets from Wilkos for about a quid, only need a few from the pack, and a good jet wash out, don't get one that's had something like diesel in though. My other advice would be to get a 200 gpd ro (just add another membrane to the one you're getting) it'll bring the tds lower, eg a100gpd would bring tds of 100 to 5-10, 400 to 20-40, big difference

i have a van mount, but also have made my own trolly! they are always usfull and come in handy sometimes! but thats something that can come in time!

Ask at yer local garages (car) for yer 25ltre drums. I did & they gave me 4. Tds meter on eBay £8-9. If yet gonna spend that on a backpack I would reccomended the wcw one. A few of us use it on here. I would also reccomend pm mark m about yer water as he has this idea with di & no ro for your water. If you wanted to go cheap you can make yer own pole with a Harris pole. Look on the DIY section it tells yer how to do it.

Yeah I gotta mate who uses about 400 a day & he says a bag of 25kg last him about 18 months. With what I do I wouldn't need that yet & prob nor will willgold but then don't know how much he wants to use. To be honest I'm not that up on it all to be honest. Mark told me about this and it worked for my needs.

I bought a trolley... and i use this for a van mount /emoticons/biggrin.png/emoticons/tongue.png

Does the job /emoticons/biggrin.png

I take it it out on hosues with awkward back access

but its annoying carrying the heavy trolley.. then u have to go back to your van and get the 25ltr container !

so am getting a backpack now /emoticons/smile.png

yer di is good if you are making small amounts more cost effective, but i think if you use lots of water and have space to store a tank at home ro saves you so much money in the long run.

I bought a trolley... and i use this for a van mount /emoticons/biggrin.png/emoticons/tongue.png

Does the job /emoticons/biggrin.png

I take it it out on hosues with awkward back access

but its annoying carrying the heavy trolley.. then u have to go back to your van and get the 25ltr container !

so am getting a backpack now /emoticons/smile.png
What yer getting H?

it costs a bit to buy the first ro and the stuff to go with it, but you save on resin in the long run. while di is cheaper to set up for someone that dont use that much,

Thanks for the replies everyone. I have just tested my water and its reading 263ppm. Using gardiners DI Calculator, if i purchase a 11ltr Vessel and i am producing 100ltrs per month it will only cost me £3.59. I dont think thats to bad? If i started to use more pure water i suppose in the long run i would be better investing in a RO System.

So my shopping list is this:

11lt DI VESSEL & RESIN = £103

BackPack = £135 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/220935910615?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_1843wt_911

27ft CLX pole& brush =£227.94

Total £465.94

I've already got TDSmeter/Hose/4x25lt Containers. Is there anything else you think im missing?

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
The di and resin your getting? Is that a full di or di and bag of resin? Shop around you could get cheaper..

Backpack, looks good, I was going to get and esr16 ( blue 16lt ) from eBay £120... But let us know what you think of that back pack..

I have a clx 27, first and only pole Iv used ( apart from a homemade Harris ).. when fully stretched it is quite floppy, 2nd floor is fine, but on some over long conservatorys and triple work I think I want something more rigid.. But an slx around same length is about £400 odds!

What brush you going for?

What connection are you gettig on the pole hose? Also what connection is on the backpack? I got the rectus 21 microbore coupling.. Great, but get yourself a couple spare, I also have a tennis ball 50p jjb to help protect them..

I'm not sure either maybe someone else could say would you put a tap on the hose from backpack?

An Aqua adapter would be good to try save water, I would will like one of these soon too

Hi belfast, i have bought the DI (found a cheaper one) and Backpack this morning should be with me on Friday so ill give a full detail review on it for those who are interested.

So all i have left to buy is a pole :wacko:

In my old job i used unger hiflo advanced poles with vikan brushes, but after reading on here everyone seems to rate Gardiners range. I have also been looking at ionics. So the choices are as follows:

28ft Ionic grafter pole + standard brush = £216.00

27ft gardiners clx pole + standard brush = £227.94

Or do i go for something smaller?

24ft ionic grafter plus + standard brush= £197.94

24ft ionic grafter + standard brush £192.00

22ft gardiner clx + standard brush = £176.34

22ft unger hiflo + standard brush = £189.74

I only really wanna be using my WFP system for hard to reach windows/ 3rd storey town house etc.

Once again cheers for the advice guys /emoticons/wink.png

If you have 3 storey pal your better going for the bigger, a 22/24 might not reach.. Also for windows above conservatories/extensions when you have to stand back a bit the pole might not have the reach. Always better bigger than smaller!

I have no idea about ionics but the clx is still a good pole! I don't use the pole everywhere and unless I get alot more high work I'll be sticking with the clx tho I would really love a slx 35 or smax 40..

Back