Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

A question for wfp boys

Amazin

Well, considering it only takes few mins to clean the front windows of a typical 3 bedroom house, does that mean you dont need to worry about parking restrictions?

I don't see the need to have one in areas with PRs. Just like loading/unloading a van. I been purposely avoiding PRed areas because of it when once i become wfp myself then it shouldn't be an issue

It depends

If it is single yellows and a parking restriction or double yellow with yellow marks on the pavement it is an instant ticket

Normal double yellows it doesn't matter what the signs say you legally have 20 minutes before they can slap a ticket on it

If you can be in sight of the van and move it before someone can write out a ticket you'll be ok but some of these buggers are quick and will slap it on the windscreen while you're winding your hose in

I just park .. Do my thing and go , fast !!:hehehe: I got a little magnetic led yellow lamp to put on my van , just turn it on and even the cops just go by , happened a lot ! It cost me about 10 pounds. :thumbsup:

i got a yellow board off ebay with window cleaner working printed on it & spaces for me to put date & time on & stick it on dash, although the areas i need it for got flooded out so i dont use it at the moment

i can ring the council the day before & say where im working *& they give me a number to display so the wardens leave me alone wherever i park , but its a pain in the ****, but might be worth looking into in your area

It dependsIf it is single yellows and a parking restriction or double yellow with yellow marks on the pavement it is an instant ticket

Normal double yellows it doesn't matter what the signs say you legally have 20 minutes before they can slap a ticket on it

If you can be in sight of the van and move it before someone can write out a ticket you'll be ok but some of these buggers are quick and will slap it on the windscreen while you're winding your hose in
cheers mate, very informative as usual. I wasn't thinking about parking on double yellowed lines or any lines. I was thinking residential areas with parking restrictions as I'm based in London. They usually have a blue plate that state the restrictions. since wfp doesn't take long (only mins) and we can put the emergency lights on, i don't think we need to get a visitors permit. The good thing about those areas is that they usually reasonably empty after 9am as people use their car to get to work.

i got a yellow board off ebay with window cleaner working printed on it & spaces for me to put date & time on & stick it on dash, although the areas i need it for got flooded out so i dont use it at the moment
someone told me about it while ago and I remember i was thinking to myself "would they give a monkey about it?"

I used to live and clean in London and over the years have worked out it just depends on whether the traffic warden for the day is an **** or not

Most seem to be ok but some are complete jobsworths

Back