Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Any idea why...

WCF

Help Support WCF:

SPCleaning

The brass hozelock straight connector that is attached to my reel keeps unscrewing. The connector gets done up tight, I have even put a wrench on the thing and it still unscrews. So I bought a new shiney brass connector and guess what?,..............This one is unscrewing itself too.

I am really confused by this. Anyone able to shed any light on this? Frank maybe?

Was it leaking without the PTFE tape?
No it never leaks, it just unscrews and then pops the pipe and washes inside the van.

I have bought the blue reinforced pipe instead of hosepipe just in case this had something to do with it, but it made no difference.

No it never leaks, it just unscrews and then pops the pipe and washes inside the van.
I have bought the blue reinforced pipe instead of hosepipe just in case this had something to do with it, but it made no difference.
I wonder if the Hozelock fitting is gripping the brass straight connector too tightly and helping it unscrew? That's the only other thing I can think of SP.

Fingers crossed @SPCleaning :thumbsup:. Others have reported the swivels leak after a while. Let us know how you get on. Btw, how do you get on with your controller so far back in the van?
The controller works ok as I just open the side loading door. I will in time move it to the rear for ease.

Back