Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Working Sundays

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I'm not being rude or cocky here, honest I'm not, but a genuine question, don't you have any hobbies or a social life? Working every weekend seems a little bit sad i.m.o.Don't be offended, I'm genuinely interested
I work every Saturday morning, spend all afternoon with the kids, if needed same again Sunday. Don't have time for hobbies, between kids and windows its like having 2 full time jobs!!

Sundays

100% agree mate , I'm packed out and stressing. Don't no why because when I go to clean the windows it's not like they are moaning where have you been

i am busy everyday but a good 25% of my work is one off work like connys and gutters etc so its optional. I tend to do a few add ons then get behind and catch up before taking any more on. Its quite flexible working like that.

I'm not being rude or cocky here, honest I'm not, but a genuine question, don't you have any hobbies or a social life? Working every weekend seems a little bit sad i.m.o.Don't be offended, I'm genuinely interested
:D Not offended

When I do work on sat and sun i try and start 9am and finish about 12ish.

Yes I do have a social life. I used go to a boarding school in Brighton in the 90s and grew up in a deaf community . We all live all over london and meet up in the capital and go to deaf clubs and bars most weekends including my girlfriend. This afternoon the weather wasn't great so i met up with a mate at little venice in Paddington for catch up. He is jobless at the moment so i treated him lunch and a beer.

As for hobbies i go to Qpr home games (greatest team in the world!) And there my workout routine i like to do keep fit. Life is great Steve, i don't like laying around in the flat all morning and i am not much of a heavy sleeper, 5 or 6 hours sleep is enough for me. Soon as i awake and have my morning quickie i am raring to get out and do something.

Watching 24 hours in A&E now.:thumbsup:

Hope that answer your questions

IMG_20170320_132524934_HDR.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
/emoticons/biggrin.png Not offended
When I do work on sat and sun i try and start 9am and finish about 12ish.

Yes I do have a social life. I used go to a boarding school in Brighton in the 90s and grew up in a deaf community . We all live all over london and meet up in the capital and go to deaf clubs and bars most weekends including my girlfriend. This afternoon the weather wasn't great so i met up with a mate at little venice in Paddington for catch up. He is jobless at the moment so i treated him lunch and a beer.

As for hobbies i go to Qpr home games (greatest team in the world!) And there my workout routine i like to do keep fit. Life is great Steve, i don't like laying around in the flat all morning and i am not much of a heavy sleeper, 5 or 6 hours sleep is enough for me. Soon as i awake and have my morning quickie i am raring to get out and do something.

Watching 24 hours in A&E now.:thumbsup:

Hope that answer your questions
Interesting the part about deaf clubs meeting in London. I went to Peckham park school which had a separate part for deaf kids. It was here where I met one of my best mates, big Joe, who has a season ticket at Millwall with us.

Next time I see him i will ask him if he knows about these clubs /emoticons/smile.png

I used to do weekends a few years ago but I have stopped that now. My weekends are mine and my week day is busy enought. I started this job for a better work - life experience and working weekends would be going against that.

Ideally, I'd like to work all day Saturday & Sunday.....

and take Monday-friday off..../emoticons/biggrin.png

One can but dream....

Ideally, I'd like to work all day Saturday & Sunday.....
and take Monday-friday off..../emoticons/biggrin.png

One can but dream....
Why? Friday and Saturday nights are the best social nights by far /emoticons/smile.png

To the modulators!!!!! I didnt think swearing was allowed on here. I think using the words WORK and SUNDAY are highly offensive
/emoticons/biggrin.png

Very good:thumbsup:

In fact, WORK itself is a four letter word /emoticons/wink.png

They certainly are!Thankfully I don't window clean into the night so no problems there :thumbs:
I'm talking about letting yourself go fully relaxed, anything goes as you have no worries about getting up the next day. Each to their own etc etc /emoticons/smile.png

i did do sundays as i run a rotor i.e. i do my round by date, i now only do sundays if i have to,the customers do not mind and if anything its a bonus as they are normally home to pay,i never start work until after 9am weekdays and on a sunday i would not start until 10/11 as ppl sleep in.

Back