Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

I Love This Job...but

Much better today....plenty of attention to the top frame and some mega rinsing action going on.

Thanks for the advice.

Most jobs I get are awkward to do so I simply use kit & methods I find works best to get the job done properly.

smurf what you like!!

just showing off your new ladders matey

When we started WFP we took over a trad round that was glass cleaned only with very dirty frames.

We scrubbed the whole window frame and rinsed well. We did all the tops first all the way round and then started back at the beginning doing the bottoms in the same way. We moved on to the next house and did the same and then the next house, letting all these windows dry off.

We then went back to the first house and did the glass only. It took a long time to get through those first cleans, but we never looked back.

We will always have problems with old windows that have a 2 top openers over a large pane of glass below. Water will drain off and streek down the centre of the glass. We try to do the top opener windows first top and bottom and move onto another house. We then come back later and just wash and rinse the bottom glass section.

A local window cleaner gave up all his houses that had these type of windows as they took too much time. When you get to the time when you have too much work, raise the price of these customers to make the job worth doing. Some will dump you, others will pay the higher price and a few will be happy to accept a streek down the center of the glass.

We have found that once a customer installs new windows, we don't have many problems when cleaning above the openers.

When you finish a window, switch your water off and wipe the water off the sill with your brush.

Should help with drips from upstairs windows

That's what I do too :Image9:

When you finish a window, switch your water off and wipe the water off the sill with your brush.

Should help with drips from upstairs windows

I'm having the same problem even after the frames are cleaned, my water flow is at 45,,,, frustrating and embarrassing to say the least, i have lost about 30% if my custom due to this

I'm having the same problem even after the frames are cleaned, my water flow is at 45,,,, frustrating and embarrassing to say the least, i have lost about 30% if my custom due to this
Crikey, that's not good mate. What fed back are they giving regarding the lost customers? Are they first cleans?

this is my concern switching from trad to W F P how much of your work will you loose when you have worked hard to where you are

there is only one more local guy W F P in town

I didn't lose any, just a few who insisted on having them cleaned 'the old way' who I still clean trad.

I did explain that it may take a while for me to get to grips with it and they were patient. I think my main problem at the moment with wfp is a high turnover of clients. When I was trad it just rolled, now I'm getting people put me off a month or I'll call you when they need doing etc. On the same token I'm also picking work up. I had one tonight, who I've cleaned for years say, they don't need doing. Now that's 4 months since the last clean. I said shall I not bother in future, she said OK. Dunno if it's the current climate or wfp being too good?

The job has become very unpredictable for me this year.

I didn't lose any, just a few who insisted on having them cleaned 'the old way' who I still clean trad.

I did explain that it may take a while for me to get to grips with it and they were patient. I think my main problem at the moment with wfp is a high turnover of clients. When I was trad it just rolled, now I'm getting people put me off a month or I'll call you when they need doing etc. On the same token I'm also picking work up. I had one tonight, who I've cleaned for years say, they don't need doing. Now that's 4 months since the last clean. I said shall I not bother in future, she said OK. Dunno if it's the current climate or wfp being too good?

The job has become very unpredictable for me this year.
i had some one say to me on monday not to day thanks the windows r still clean :Image15:

this is my concern switching from trad to W F P how much of your work will you loose when you have worked hard to where you are

there is only one more local guy W F P in town
it took me ages 2 convert my custmers 2 wfp some i have left trad cos i dident wana loose them some dident like it at first but luv it now just sell it to them wash doors an b confident with it its harder to convert trad custmers who only no trad ,people get stuck in there ways an hate change when i get new custmers i just get my stuff out an clean with a smile give a compliment about garden when thay come out i find that wrks if thay say will it dry ok say yes if ur not happy tho give me a ring an ill come back an go over it again .

you must get round your work faster now

do you work with a mate, trying to get as much info as i can on the W F P SYSTEM
i wrk buy my self an it takes me 6 weeks 2 get round wouldent take any 1 on cos thay never take as mch care as u do no matter how mch u pay them lol

you must get round your work faster nowdo you work with a mate, trying to get as much info as i can on the W F P SYSTEM
Much faster!! Work on my own, kitted my van out by myself. Buy new bits and bobs when funds allow. My van looks like Aladins cave, everything a windy could ever need is in it :)

nice one tuffers i,m sure this is the way to gogot guy who works with me thinking W F P tops trad bottoms
If you're going wfp, do the whole house wfp, that's where you'll gain time and money. No point in spending possibly thousands and only using 50% of its potential.

Back