Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

up and running

WCF

Help Support WCF:

trevor peacock

After lots of help and advice from you guys I've got my system up and running.

I bought a 1000lt ibc from dv containers for £100, a 450gpd ro system form collins water products for about £170 with extra tubing and a float valve thrown in, and a booster pump ( aquatec 8800, because it can be left on ) from window cleaning warehouse for £107.

I'm still waiting for the transfer pump I decided to go for an external pump and have ordered the Clarke SPE1200SS for £95, I'll review when it arrives!!

My tap water has 330ppm,I've half filled my tank and the water has 10ppm which I think is ok, but best of all is the good to waste ratio, i expected 1 - 3 but I'm getting better than 1 - 1 very pleased, does anybody get similar results?

To be honest I've cleaned with 10ppm & had good results but you really wanna try for lower.

10ppm is ok if it's all you got then you take a chance but I personally don't go over 5 unless desperate

10ppm after RO from an in tds of 330 is tidy Trevor (97% rejection rate).

Your resin will hardly be working and will last ages with 10ppm passing through it.

I have cleaned up to 015ppm and there is very little if any difference at all to the naked eye.

Cheers, Mike

When you get it all nicely set up with your new pump love to see where you've located (garage shed ) so upload some pics if you get time :)

10ppm is before it goes through the di resin in the van, sorry, I should have said.

Photos to follow once I get the transfer pump installed, still waiting for it to arrive.

What's your opinions on the good to waste ratio?

I wouldn't clean with anything over 000 tds

1-1 ratio is very good. No idea what mine is but it goes down drain a lot quicker than it fills tank. No water meter so no worries

I wouldn't clean with anything over 000 tds
1-1 ratio is very good. No idea what mine is but it goes down drain a lot quicker than it fills tank. No water meter so no worries
I've used up to 015 with no difference - have a try on your own windows ;-)

I use an Ro system in my garden to fill 25ltr drums and have never let the ppm get over 004,what's the highest you can comftably go with out DI?

My tap water starts at 275.

I've used up to 015 with no difference - have a try on your own windows ;-)
015 no way lol

My windows are bad at 003 tds, besides i clean with pure not nearly pure and if i get a complaint i want to know that its not the water.

Its 003 out of my R.O so really doesnt cost much in resin to take it down

015 no way lol
My windows are bad at 003 tds, besides i clean with pure not nearly pure and if i get a complaint i want to know that its not the water.

Its 003 out of my R.O so really doesnt cost much in resin to take it down
LOL I must admit I normally go up to 009 and then change but have gone up to 015 on occasion. I did hear that anything up to 20ppm is invisible to the human eye but can't remember where...

I'd be shocked if you had bad results at 003..... are you sure you didn't test on a windy day ;-)

update on my system, the Clarke SPE1200SS external pump is great, does 400 lts in about 5 minutes.

My RO system produces 1.7 of good water for every 1lt of bad, excellent figures?

Still 10ppm but not too worried as i run it through a di vessel to polish.

Back