Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How do you recommend that i get up here?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Ian Fisher

31bb7f0bafd809b7d62db7be5b16af1f.jpg

Looks like someone has already been up there and broken the ridge...Was that you?

Also why may I ask would you need to get up there?

Probably to clean the window @Smurf /emoticons/tongue.png, I'd hazard a guess that the space by the wall is where the rain runs off the flat roof onto the tiles.

Don't be daft @Tuffers as that ridge defo looks broken to me. Either that whoever built it was a shite roofer /emoticons/biggrin.png

Probably to clean the window @Smurf /emoticons/tongue.png, I'd hazard a guess that the space by the wall is where the rain runs off the flat roof onto the tiles.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are wanting to clean awkward windows like that then wfp method would be your best option if you ask me. Not sure why you are asking this in the trad section though as you already have a wfp trailer mount.

Optiloc pole and 0° squeegee

who needs wfp:giggle:

I reckon 4 weeks till I get my trolley sorted

Going to do it diy

With my mates help it will look professional as he is a whizz at that stuff

If I remember rightly when I first got into wfp I bought a pf trolley, 2 poles and a 300gpd ro for £1400.

I did not use forums back then so learnt the hard way on that one but at least the kit soon payed for it self thank goodness:rolleyes:

I reckon I can sort a trolley for around 100ish quid as my mate will have most of the stuff already knocking about..he designs and installs fire suppression systems and has pumps etc and fittings already..probably get something heavy duty and not likely to die on me

you should be able to easily do that window from the ground with a pole + swivel Tbar and swivel squeegee . i choose a Wagtail squeegee but any swiveller will cut the ice

Guys its not possible with WFP extension is big and you just have to get up there imho. No tiles broken by me ! I posted in trad as I thought it would be the best forum for the right answer!!!

Yes you can but depending what skill you have with a trad pole as the quality of the clean may not be that great. Also the the frames & sills are generally not cleaned either use trad pole method. Not only that I find using a trad pole is way too much faffing about for me so prefer to wfp the whole house instead.

you should be able to easily do that window from the ground with a pole + swivel Tbar and swivel squeegee . i choose a Wagtail squeegee but any swiveller will cut the ice

1. That is easily done trad with 0° on a pole or wfp if you use a ladder to get high enough but no need to tile walk that job

I do the frames sills and glass to a good standard with trad pole but I have enough experience to do it without thinking about it

But is harder without experience as you can leave a lot of mess

For windows that I can't wfp from the ground then I would use a free standing ladder to wfp from instead.

That's because you have had 21 years of practice:D

I do the frames sills and glass to a good standard with trad pole but I have enough experience to do it without thinking about itBut is harder without experience as you can leave a lot of mess

23 I'll have you know:rof:

Even when I was driving for 6 years I kept my hand in with my diehard regulars I've had for 14 years

I've had a handfull of custys sincey wife was pregnant and I moved here from london..nice to have loyal people who know and trust you

I have 1 couple who will pop to shops etc while I'm doing theirs and I do in and out

Trust is a rare thing nowadays

Yes you can but depending what skill you have with a trad pole as the quality of the clean may not be that great. Also the the frames & sills are generally not cleaned either use trad pole method. Not only that I find using a trad pole is way too much faffing about for me so prefer to wfp the whole house instead.

there is an element of practice of course - but what is critical is a good snug fit between squeegee and pole tip . many tip makes allow movement which wont allow precise squeegee action . as regarding faffing about,its all relative . if your wfp youre spending time making the water which is faffing so everybody faffs somewhere along the way.

heres 2 images of the pole tip i use to fit a Wagtail snugly,its an Anza tip. in my van are at least 10 poles of all sorts of length with this tip , these poles are shared by my workers. downstairs windows are Always done using a shortish pole, i forbid anybody using a ladder/step ladder for downstairs work due to the high risk of falling View attachment 3018

View attachment 3017

Back