Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Brodex E250RO

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Bob

Hi

Am new to this forum and am just starting up.

Have just bought van and Brodex E250RO system, but am not sure of

the correct procedure of filling the water tank.

Do you use the hose you use for cleaning the windows to fill the tank,

or can you use a garden hose, would you have to buy any fittings for whatever method.

Can I fill the water tank from the kitchen tap inside my house or has it got to be from an

outside tap, can anyone help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi & welcome @Bob

Does the system include outside ports on the side of the van?

If so did the package include a garden hose to connect to an ouside tap & another hose for the ro waste water that you would connect to the fill & waste ports?

Hi & welcome @Bob
Does the system include outside ports on the side of the van?

If so did the package include a garden hose to connect to an ouside tap & another hose for the ro waste water that you would connect to the fill & waste ports?
Hi Bob,

It might be an idea if you take a couple of photos of what you have.

If you have bought a van with just a di system in it, then I'm sure you will have to add an r/o in the London area. Brodex do two systems; Di only for soft water areas and r/o mounted for hard water areas.

So the process will be.

Water from tap, preferably outside due to hoses, leaks etc. to reverse osmosis pre-fliters, r/o membranes, di vessel to polish out the remaining impurities that escaped the membranes and into the van tank. (Size of hose from tap to prefilters is usually 1/2" garden hose or equivalent.) Then the water is pumped from the van's tank, through the hose reel to the brush head.

Some of us have the r/o in our garage/shed and process water into a 1000 litre IBC tank. We then transfer what we need into the van each morning.

Hi

Ports are on the rear of the van,there was no garden hose with package.

There is a small hose for the RO waste water.

Hi Bob,
It might be an idea if you take a couple of photos of what you have.

If you have bought a van with just a di system in it, then I'm sure you will have to add an r/o in the London area. Brodex do two systems; Di only for soft water areas and r/o mounted for hard water areas.

So the process will be.

Water from tap, preferably outside due to hoses, leaks etc. to reverse osmosis pre-fliters, r/o membranes, di vessel to polish out the remaining impurities that escaped the membranes and into the van tank. (Size of hose from tap to prefilters is usually 1/2" garden hose or equivalent.) Then the water is pumped from the van's tank, through the hose reel to the brush head.

Some of us have the r/o in our garage/shed and process water into a 1000 litre IBC tank. We then transfer what we need into the van each morning.

If you don't have an outside tap best get one fitted rather than trying to use a sink tap.

Then all you do is connect a garden hose reel to the inlet port & hose to the waste port on the van. Idealy the waste hose should go to the nearest drain. Then just turn the outside tap on and the system will fill the tank and cut the water off automatically when full so then turn the outside tap off and your done.

Hi

The system is RO but am not sure how to fill the tank, which hose do

I use and do I need any connections, and don't have any outside tap.

It would be best as suggested already that you post some picks of exactly what you have

How are you going to fill it then if you don't have an outside tap,,,,what is stopping you fitting one?

HiThe system is RO but am not sure how to fill the tank, which hose do

I use and do I need any connections, and don't have any outside tap.

How are you going to fill it then if you don't have an outside tap,,,,what is stopping you fitting one?
Hi

Problem is I live on the 1st floor in a small block of flats, can one

still be fitted and would have to get permission from owners.

Could I ask customers if I could fill up whilst working.

HiProblem is I live on the 1st floor in a small block of flats, can one

Would you have to get permission to plumb a washing machine in?

What about a tap off the cold water pipe to the basin in the bathroom?

Are you on a meter? If the block of flats is, what will happen when the landlord's water bill rockets up?

There is a cleaner who has a 4040 r/o plumbed in and mounted in his passage. He processes water through that and runs a single hose down into his van and fills his tank when he gets back in the evening. He has a designated parking spot.

HiProblem is I live on the 1st floor in a small block of flats, can one

I'm surprised that you have already purchased the van and tank setup before considering how you can achieve this basic process of purifying water. The questions you are asking now are ones you should have asked and found solutions to before you outlaid any capital for equipment. Purified water is at the heart of wfp window cleaning. If you can't purify water, all other purchases are a waste of money as you can't do the job without it.

There is also the option of buying water in from a supplier.

You will also need customers.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a problem for sure...Also where do you have to park the van?
Hi

Van is parked at entrance to flats usually, somebody suggested plumbing in tap

to bathroom cold water pipe, and running hose down to van.

Would you have to get permission to plumb a washing machine in?
What about a tap off the cold water pipe to the basin in the bathroom?

Are you on a meter? If the block of flats is, what will happen when the landlord's water bill rockets up?

There is a cleaner who has a 4040 r/o plumbed in and mounted in his passage. He processes water through that and runs a single hose down into his van and fills his tank when he gets back in the evening. He has a designated parking spot.

I'm surprised that you have already purchased the van and tank setup before considering how you can achieve this basic process of purifying water. The questions you are asking now are ones you should have asked and found solutions to before you outlaid any capital for equipment. Purified water is at the heart of wfp window cleaning. If you can't purify water, all other purchases are a waste of money as you can't do the job without it.

There is also the option of buying water in from a supplier.

You will also need customers.
Hi

Will try putting tap on bathroom cold water pipe as you suggested and run hose down to van if I can't get permission install outside tap Cheers.

That seems a good option to me :thumbsup:

HiVan is parked at entrance to flats usually, somebody suggested plumbing in tap

to bathroom cold water pipe, and running hose down to van.

HiWill try putting tap on bathroom cold water pipe as you suggested and run hose down to van if I can't get permission install outside tap Cheers.
I think someone else has done this on here and has his r/o in his bathroom. He must have a very tolerant wife, unlike mine who would go mental at the mere suggestion of me doing it,

Back