Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Returning to window cleaning

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hi Guys.

I first started out in 2009, I built up my own round and really enjoyed being my own boss, working in the fresh air ect ect. But after a series of personal problems I walked away from it all in early 2011.

But having gone back to being employed by a big company earning not very much each month, being stuck inside the same building for 8 hours a day, starting and finishing when I'm told has reminded me of how good I had it in my brief spell as a window cleaner.

A friend of my Mrs asked me if the place I worked were recruiting as her bloke is looking to change his job. I told her that we had nothing at the moment, but if he was looking to change career I still had all my window cleaning gear (at that point it hadn't entered my head that I should be returning) but when she asked him he didn't fancy being a window cleaner.

It was at that point I started thinking at how much I had enjoyed building my business, how much I enjoyed getting out and about with no work place politics to **** me off and the more I ran it through my mind the more I started thinking long and hard about starting over and building a new round.

So I've decided that come the new year I will go for it, I'll sell my car and get a van again and do it part time at first, but I'd love to build it up to a level where I can jack in the full time job.

Has anyone else quit window cleaning for a period if time and then started over again ?

Hi Guys.I first started out in 2009, I built up my own round and really enjoyed being my own boss, working in the fresh air ect ect. But after a series of personal problems I walked away from it all in early 2011.

But having gone back to being employed by a big company earning not very much each month, being stuck inside the same building for 8 hours a day, starting and finishing when I'm told has reminded me of how good I had it in my brief spell as a window cleaner.

A friend of my Mrs asked me if the place I worked were recruiting as her bloke is looking to change his job. I told her that we had nothing at the moment, but if he was looking to change career I still had all my window cleaning gear (at that point it hadn't entered my head that I should be returning) but when she asked him he didn't fancy being a window cleaner.

It was at that point I started thinking at how much I had enjoyed building my business, how much I enjoyed getting out and about with no work place politics to **** me off and the more I ran it through my mind the more I started thinking long and hard about starting over and building a new round.

So I've decided that come the new year I will go for it, I'll sell my car and get a van again and do it part time at first, but I'd love to build it up to a level where I can jack in the full time job.

Has anyone else quit window cleaning for a period if time and then started over again ?
Good on yea mate, it's no fun working for big companies these days like you say to many internal politics ect. I'm sure you will soon build around up again and won't look back. Keep us informed how your doing with it and good luck

Thanks Guys, I'll certainly keep you all updated. I'll be dragging my trolley and backpack out the garage at the weekend to see if they still work. I'll be using the next couple if months to go through all my gear and getting the car sold and van bought. Once I've got everything in order I'm confident through flyering and knocking doors I'll soon have the basis of a round. I wish I was ready now as I'd be out offering gutter cleans ect.

hi and welcome you found the right place here:thumbsup:

Murdiewindowcleaning

when i moved...of course my round didnt come with me and for a while i tried other things ...never been a wage slave though...did an extention at home etc but i soon started back little by little.....good luck with your future....and keep us informed..../emoticons/biggrin.png

and dont forget....the most important thing....like i did....prices go up whilst you are off the scene but thanks to help off the lads on here i am now back on track...

Welcome fella

I stopped for 8 years due to the guy i subbed all my work off selling up on the quiet

Was never happy in 8 years working for THE MAN

Built up a round over the last 3 months and jacked in my job 3 weeks ago

It is hard work doing it around a job but well worth it in the long run

Brilliant feeling telling employer to shove it up their ****

Don't need a reference when you are your boss

Good luck mate and go knock some doors

I never fully gave up i had a few custys of my own

Done it 23 years now

If i didn't have any custys i would get withdrawals

good on ya mate......!!..I jacked a senior managers role up 6 years ago....best thing I ever did now a nice little 25 hr window week......LOVE IT

even though I get the odd hiccup its NOTHING LIKE WHEN I WAS EMPLOYED

Welcome mate. Probably a very good decision, you shouldhave no trouble getting things back up and running again. :thumbsup:

Nice pooch./emoticons/smile.png

Welcome mate. Probably a very good decision, you shouldhave no trouble getting things back up and running again. :thumbsup:
Nice pooch./emoticons/smile.png
Thanks, hes a brilliant dog (except when hes been on tripe) . Im looking forward to it, im finding it hard to keep a lid on my enthusiasm just now. I just want to get going again.

Back