Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

100Gpd Membrane & Booster Pump.

Posh

As you all know I have a 50gpd RO system which is slow. If I fitted a 100gpd membrane & bought a water pump would it make my water fill up quicker rather then a dribble & can it be done.

Yer it would come out faster but not that much faster.

I have a 200gpd with booster pump and that still takes 3minutes to make 1litre of pure water.

Yes it can be done no problem. At the minute I have 2 100gpd membranes fitted, most you can have is 3 100gpd membranes.

3 minutes 1 litre. 75 minutes to fill 1 jerry can lol. 525 mins bout 9 hours to fill my 7. Wow. Think for now ill stick to my 2 di's. the money I spend on a booster pump & 100gpd membrane I might as well spend on 25 litre bag of resin. It a last me a year.

these sort of RO systems are good if you have a static tank and leave it filling all day. mine it left on over night and fills up the 375litres that I filled my van up from the 1000litre static tank I have.

As I said prob best to put it away & when I get a water butt & outside tap ill use it then when I can leave it on all day. Must go through some water tho with tap running all day (night)

Yes and no. At the minute make 400lts it uses 1200lts. At a cost of about £1.50 for that water. As I'm on a water, I pay for what I use. And it's not that bad.

the money spent on the new membrane and booster pump could go towards a brandnew 200 or 300gpd RO with builtin booster pumps

I've got a long hose lol. My DI's are fine & will be fine for me. Made about 800 litres with them with only 10 kg of resin. 1 bag a last me all year.

Back