Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Venting my Annoyance

WCF

Help Support WCF:

SPCleaning

I have lived in this 3 bed semi for over 30 years. There has been the same neighbour for the whole time and we have always got on. I clean his windows, he cuts my lawn.

Recently I put in an application for an extension on the rear of my property. Upstairs only, built on pillars. This will provide an extra bedroom for fostering and an office.

I spoke to the neighbour and all was well. The council carried out a site visit today and it turns out the neighbour has objected. He has an issue over a loss of light.

Like I said,...I is a bit annoyed.

Most planning applications are approved eventualy even though an objection has been raised so I should not worry about it.

mate they let next door neigbour on my mums old house build on the boundary line it was the edge of a garage and there guttering hung over our drive by 6 inches roughly plaaning passed lol

I would ask what his problem is and why not the backbone to tell you himself

Most of the time objectors don't fully understand the planning application and what real effect if any the extension will have so is just is a knee jerk reaction. Others might object to try to get back at a person they really don't like. None are grounds for the application not to be approved if the building plans fall within the local council planning criteria.

How much light will he lose?
Not a lot in my view (I am biased though) The build will be on the North side so sunshine (what is that? I hear you cry) is there for a very short time in the morning. The build would be 3 metres in depth, so its not very large.

I think his son has wound him up saying things like it will devalue his property.

That's a pity then. Explain to him that if you sell up and an undesirable moves in, it'll devalue even more? Like you say, south side or his only window and he'd have an argument.

What's the deal with planning extensions in England? I heard that everything was passing up to 8m long and the width of the building, on ground level though?

I spoke to the neighbour and all was well. The council carried out a site visit today and it turns out the neighbour has objected. He has an issue over a loss of light.
That's a shame neighbors can be funny I've had a very similar experience where I live we ended up falling out over it big time I still got my extension though.

He went behind my back and complained even though I'd asked him if it would be alright I showed him the plans and everything he still tried his best to put an end to it without having the balls to say to my face, he didn't realize my mates in planning.

me I dont give a monkeys what the neighbours get up to in their garden...thats their business but as soon as I do something...phone calls to the council..

its okay my extension was passed as permitted development

my fence was passed as permitted .

my other extension was passed..

some people have f eck all in their lives and like to cause trouble to have some reason to live..

just love planning programmes great one on at eight on monday night folks...

our friends tried to sneak their house a whopping 55 per cent bigger than on the plans....and it got knocked down...:rofl:

feel sorry for the pub in warrington that put a great conny on the back absolutely massive but filled with people...

got to be careful folks.

okay I own up...I WAS a little bit naughty with my first extention...I put all the building blocks there in plain site but didnt say anything as I knew they would object...

and then they went on holiday....

and guess what they came back too....bloody ****** down all the time I built it as well but just...only just finished it all painted and rendered...

ten oclock at night the taxi came back....five past ten knocking at the door...

so friendly before...I went to the pub as I did in those days and they leaned over and cut all my hedge down for me....many times...never asked if I wanted it cutting..

so anyway council came round and he came especially back to watch the council tell me to take it down....only of course he measured and said okay...

not long after I just put a fence up so he couldnt cut my hedge anymore....:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back