Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Benefits Of Twin Di?

TobySampson

So I got my di vessels the other day, they work a treat.. Pure water instantly. But... I can't see the benefit of using a twin di because as it comes out of the first one its already at 000ppm.

What are the benefits?

Thanks, Toby

Only connect the second one up when the tds of the first one gets to about 3-5, then when the second one gets to 3-5 change the resin in no 1 vessel and swap them over. Hope that makes sense.

as above total agree apart from leave it to 10 as we all know that is good enough and you will get twice as much water than 1

Hey, 'H MAN'....that makes perfect sense to me mate /emoticons/smile.png ......

Can't speak for the rest of the guys on here :rolleyes: ....you know what they're like :lol: :lol: /emoticons/biggrin.png .

No real benefits. .2 lots of resin and that means 2 lots of money. .you still need to change the first spent bottle

At some point..you might as well just have a bag at home ready to change when needed..

Iv never checked my tds whilst out working so if your going down that rd of changing bottles if your tds rises in work then for me I wouldn't go bother with the extra outlay..id just carry on working. .iv cleaned windows b4 when I was di only with

20ppm...on reg cleans this was not spotting believe it or not..

I know operate with tap readings of 53 through a 4040hf ro system. .my water has been on 000 for the last 18 months and hope for many more months its obvious 000 before it gets do my di bottle on the system as the ro is my second filter

On the system my di is the last

Long winded I know..id get an ro system rather than trying to prolong resin only..

No real benefits. .2 lots of resin and that means 2 lots of money. .you still need to change the first spent bottle

At some point..you might as well just have a bag at home ready to change when needed..

Iv never checked my tds whilst out working so if your going down that rd of changing bottles if your tds rises in work then for me I wouldn't go bother with the extra outlay..id just carry on working. .iv cleaned windows b4 when I was di only with

20ppm...on reg cleans this was not spotting believe it or not..

I know operate with tap readings of 53 through a 4040hf ro system. .my water has been on 000 for the last 18 months and hope for many more months its obvious 000 before it gets do my di bottle on the system as the ro is my second filter

On the system my di is the last

Long winded I know..id get an ro system rather than trying to prolong resin only..
How long does it take for you to fill per 100lts?

The reason I'm loving the di is that whatever pressure your filling at that's the pressure you get pure water at (maybe a little less). Pure water on demand. There's no waste as well.

Yes thats right..it does take ages to fill..However.

My tanks fill through the night..it takes around 5 hrs to fill a 500 lt tank I have 2.

The benefit for me clearly out ways rapid fills with di..

I have a 250di in the same van as my ro machine so if I really needed to rapid fill I could.

If for example im cleaning a large care home I fill the 250 with pure water from the ro machine then refill

The 500 lt plus other 20 lt white containers.

I have an ibc which I transfer water 000 from if I ever need to.

The one downside to ro is filling time but get an auto shut off and fill through the night..

I connect two hoses to the ports and thats it job done..

If anyone would like to see my setup visit my gallery page on my website.www.goldoakcleaningservices.co.uk there a pic of the tanks there

Toby lives in a flat so that's why twin di's is best for him goldoak. Cost of resin will be higher but that outways the hassle of using an ro for now as he is not using much pure.

To answer your question I would get the most out of the first tank even if it goes as high as 40- 50 ppm so the second di resin is still doing a lot less work than the first /emoticons/wink.png

What size tanks did you get in the end toby?

Indeed it would,...just need to keep an eye out how quickly it goes up as the resin will not last very long.

I live in a flat & twin DI is perfect. As Mark says. Run 1st till ppm 10 then add 2nd DI. When that then reaches 10 change resin in 1st DI & use that as 2nd DI. Works brilliant.

I live in a flat & twin DI is perfect. As Mark says. Run 1st till ppm 10 then add 2nd DI. When that then reaches 10 change resin in 1st DI & use that as 2nd DI. Works brilliant.
Thanks posh

Back