Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Frost protection

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Andy

weathers mans predicting over night frosts was thinking if you cant have a heater in the van for what ever reason would rapping the resin bottles and pump in garden frost proof fleece not protect them if not wanting to take them out every night and water heaters.I think a layer of fleece is good for minus 5

with all the frost we had , one morning i got caught, i decided to cover reel + hoses from pump with sleeping bag, and big quilt. insulated hosepipes, covered up pump.. everything ok. uncover reel in morning and yippee kiay.

it won't be too bad at this time of year,turn off the tank valve, controller on full blast to purge,then disconnect hose before and after pump-run again to purge,dis-connect hose reel/cover with sleeping bag/duvet,one of those furry slippers fit nicely over a pump to keep it warm,empty every hose you can and you'll be fine

Up until this year I have covered everything in three duvets and it has been ok. This year I have put a heater in instead.

I have a small oil filled radiator. I forgot to turn it on one night the other week /emoticons/sad.png. It keeps the van frost free though :thumbsup:

I have a small oil filled radiator. I forgot to turn it on one night the other week /emoticons/sad.png. It keeps the van frost free though :thumbsup:
Apart from the windscreen. I cover that with an old bed sheet.

I used a greenhouse heater. Keeps the frost out. Did get caught out once. Its almost 10 degrees now in london so not bothered anymore.

Latest Posts

Back