Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Peugeot expert

WCF

Help Support WCF:

slippy

Just bought a Peugeot Expert. ( well £200 deposit).Had to have 3 seat's for little one and missus occasionally. Bit longer than hoped and a bit short for leg room on drivers side but everything else great. U can't have everything can you? If I got a 3 seater Berlingo it would be easier to park length wise but no bulk head and a crappy third seat. Always compromise I guess. Hope this works out.

Had two experts, still have one now, blinding vans. There's been a recent thread saying the 1.6 expert is rubbish engine wise. This certainly isn't my experience with them. pull great fully loaded and incredibly reliable I've found.

Good luck with yours. Pub time /emoticons/smile.png

You have been lucky Steve

The oil feed to the turbo clogs and the new turbos and associated work is not warranteed unless something is done to fix the oil feed issue itself

I just text my brother in law who is a top mechanic who now works for a formula 1 team in milton keynes who definitely knows what he is talking about and this was his response

Anyone who sells van, works on vans or has anything too do with vans and doesn't mention the 1.6HDi Peugeot/Citroen engine being absolute dog **** is a ****...!!! They have an inherent design flaw that is irreparable. Many motor factors won't even sell replacement turbos for them as they are that bad

I have the 1.6 also. Gearbox went on it but touch wood engine hasn't failed yet. Been told to make sure it's flushed properly on oil changes due to the turbo oil feed issue.

In hindsight I would get the 2.0 but size wise they are perfect imo. Just fits into a normal car park space, good payload and loads of room in cab.

I have the 2.0 litre one, it's nearly 12 years old and hasn't missed a beat engine wise.

2 years ago it flew through the MOT with not a fault then 5 days later clutch went...kerching £500 but still worth it for what it earns me.

MOT in June but thinking I'll treat myself to another one before the.

I was worried about parking my expert (SWB) in the parking outside flat it's very tight. The Car salesman drove it over and did it in the end space but I am not confident. Never had a van so not used to reverse parking them.

Seems the newer models (mine is 2013) are a bit longer than the previous 2007 but I could be wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the 1.6 also. Gearbox went on it but touch wood engine hasn't failed yet. Been told to make sure it's flushed properly on oil changes due to the turbo oil feed issue.
In hindsight I would get the 2.0 but size wise they are perfect imo. Just fits into a normal car park space, good payload and loads of room in cab.
Is the 1.6 shorter ?

You have been lucky SteveThe oil feed to the turbo clogs and the new turbos and associated work is not warranteed unless something is done to fix the oil feed issue itself

I just text my brother in law who is a top mechanic who now works for a formula 1 team in milton keynes who definitely knows what he is talking about and this was his response

Anyone who sells van, works on vans or has anything too do with vans and doesn't mention the 1.6HDi Peugeot/Citroen engine being absolute dog **** is a ****...!!! They have an inherent design flaw that is irreparable. Many motor factors won't even sell replacement turbos for them as they are that bad
Don't care anymore @daveyboy, both my experts have been great vans, but its out with the old, in with the new, my transit should be in the country end of April.

Getting pis*ed off waiting for it

What model you getting Steve?Short/long/ payload etc?

Extras?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
Its the transit custom trend. I'm writing this in bed lol, and the paperwork is downstairs so cant remember the exact model, but its swb, and the payload is just over a ton (same as my expert).

As for extras, well i like my van to stand out a bit, so have side bars going on it and fox viper wheels.

Also have dual sliding doors. /emoticons/smile.png

Its the transit custom trend. its swb, and the payload is just over a ton.As for extras, well i like my van to stand out a bit, so have side bars going on it and fox viper wheels.

Also have dual sliding doors. /emoticons/smile.png
Sweet [emoji106]

Panther black?

Like to see pics when you got it all up and running

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I was worried about parking my expert (SWB) in the parking outside flat it's very tight. The Car salesman drove it over and did it in the end space but I am not confident. Never had a van so not used to reverse parking them.
Seems the newer models (mine is 2013) are a bit longer than the previous 2007 but I could be wrong.
get parking sensors fitted, its fairly cheap i think, i never when i went from a car to a berlingo and it looks like its been 10 rounds with mike tyson from my reversing disasters lmao

get parking sensors fitted, its fairly cheap i think, i never when i went from a car to a berlingo and it looks like its been 10 rounds with mike tyson from my reversing disasters lmao

I think i will practice with cones outside my flat. If I hit someone will be a disaster

I think i will practice with cones outside my flat. If I hit someone will be a disaster
good idea when i get a bigger one im gonna spend a week in asda car park at night practising lol

Back