Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

So finally the cat's outta the bag!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Green Pro Clean Ltd

It's been a tough one to keep the lid on this one so now the job has commenced it's nice to be able to share with you all a couple of pictures from Green Window Cleaners latest project, I will update this a few times a week with extra pictures as we get further into the job but for now here is a sneak peek into the New Street railway terminus and shopping mall in Birmingham, costing £750 million and currently one of the largest multi skills projects in the world.

And yes we are responsible for builders cleaning all the retail glazing as well as balustrades escalators, doors, etc. Going to be a busy couple of months. Hope you enjoy the pictures. /emoticons/smile.png

May not look like much glass but in all those dark recessed areas you will find hundreds of retail units and walls and walls of glass balustrades under all that plastic. Gonna need my sticky label scraper. /emoticons/smile.png)

Wow now that is some work involved in there, very good job getting that contract :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Nice one Green.

Would love to know where you found the contract, and what was involved in getting the contract...

Want any help lolAlthough you couldn't afford me:p

Nice one Darren

Wow now that is some work involved in there, very good job getting that contract :thumbsup::thumbsup:

well done Green!!
Thanks you all very much.

Nice one Green.
Would love to know where you found the contract, and what was involved in getting the contract...
Thanks Roy, a shed load of hard work a few sleepless nights and a lot of right place right time /emoticons/smile.png

Good on you Green :thumbsup:. How did you land that job?
Thanks Tuffers, I walked in, asked for the site manager and asked if he wanted a quote for window cleaning! /emoticons/tongue.png/emoticons/smile.png)

Yes I am taking the pi$$ as a few of my tricks are secrets I will not divulge until I retire. Sorry.

I will however say that it never hurts to walk into the job you want to go for and ask if they need a window cleaner, 'sorry it's bob that deals with that' so OK go find Bob and ask, 'Sorry it area manager Dave that deals with that' Ok so get his details, email him, pester him, call him, 'Yes mate, we actually have 12 stores in your county, can you give me a quote for all of them?'

9 out of 10 times you will get the run around, this is cause the girl at the desk is asked day in day out, so she passes it up the line, most wannabees quit a hurdle number 1 but the seasoned area manager will give time of day to the man that has persisted and navigated his screening team to get to him.

Back in Jersey I got the contract for the largest brewery chain on the island by walking into the head office and asking 'When is a good time to for the MD to hear my proposal?'

The answer I got was 'He has a free slot Wednesday at 10'

I turned up, having visited all the pubs and hotels in the chain already, handed over a detailed fortnightly schedule for window cleaning along with an annual schedule for gutter maintenance for all 55 properties.

A week later I got a call, I had to adjust my price on one hotel, I had to lower it by £30! That was it, the deal was mine.

So never be afraid to simply walk in and ask.

Even if you get, 'thanks but we already have someone' still submit the proposal, cause you never know at what point they will have had enough of their current cleaners letting them down.

Good job Green.:thumbsup: Just out of curiosity, what are you doing with your normal round whilst you are doing this?

Not feeling daunted by the size of it??

I know i have balls of steel but I'd still be a bit didgy

Don't want to eclipse you but I picked up a bungalow for cleaning.

12 quid. Every other month.

Nice.

you do realise green....of course we will all be there on opening day and...

you missed a bit.....

will be the punch line...:rofl:

yeh doubt you will miss anything...great job...far too much work means it will probably turn up in a nightmare dream for me tonight...but thanks for sharing...

I do have many a bad dream usually where I have way underpriced and can see the time a ticking away...:eek:

oh bugger solarpanelcleaning my bungalow is only a tenner BUT....it is monthly its marked on her wall calendar for the 22nd...and I had better be there....these big boy windowcleaners dont know the problems us small fry have to face..

Last edited by a moderator:
It really boils down to the fact that I don't mind the regular rounds, Mr and Mrs Jones, Granny Thompson etc etc but I have so many days thinking, what's next? There has to be more than this? And I need to up the anti.

As you know I sacked off all my crew for time wasting and was actually working on my jacks when this was offered to me so had to then decide which crews I would bring in on this to make it work.

Yes the size is HOLLY $HIT! We're gonna need a bigger squeegee! You may recall I recently started another post on which Wagtail, in which I stated I had a job with a load of retail glass to do, well I wasn't exaggerating /emoticons/tongue.png/emoticons/smile.png)

I am starting to enjoy digging more into the specialized cleaning jobs, and for some strange reason (mostly shed loads of marketing) I am starting to get a reputation for being the man to get it done.

Tuesday I was ripping out kitchens of a pub owned by a major chain that had been badly damaged in an electrical fire, today I am surveying the window cleaning on the largest multi skills project in Europe today, tomorrow afternoon I will still find time to fit in 26 3 bed semis on a council estate in Nottingham.

I have, I believe just recently discovered that variety will keep one sane in this game, for example I have been following the canvassing threads, and considering possibly canvassing for one or two lads on here that have asked me to canvass for them, I think I might b up for it but to-date I am only proven as a canvasser for myself on my turfs, so that would be a learning curve and adventure.

I guess that at the end of the day I am learning now that there is a lot more in the world of window cleaning than just cleaning windows and it's possibly going to be a well balanced variety that will keep me sane in this game.

Forgive me I have gone on a tangent.....but to answer you Davey, yes the scale is daunting, but once we have pulled it off without a single hitch then you know whos phones gonna ring first next time someone has 3/4 of a billion to spend on a shopping center. /emoticons/smile.png)

Latest Posts

Back