Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What do you think of my website so far?

Anthony @ SCS

So far got 10 customers, all friends and family lol, well except one. He is my friends neighbour :whistle:

I'm doing them all trad for now as wont be getting my WFP trolley until the new year and then the Van etc when my accident claim is sorted (got hit by a car in May, totaled my motorbike, popped by shoulder and elbow, and broken my collar bone which still hasn't fully healed yet ..... even after 2 operations.

Anyway. I thought id start the ball rolling a bit more now i'm making a little money and build my website etc.

what do you think so far? www.squeakycleansolutions.co.uk it's still a work-in-progress but a few hours over the next few days will see it finished.

Yes, the name is a little ...... well ...... feminine ...... blame the future wife :itwasntme: ......... this is the only input she wanted to have and is now fired from the firm lol.

Still need to do more work on it, it is mobile friendly, needs a bit more tweaking and is better viewed on a PC or Laptop to appreciate it fully. I have stole some of the wording from other sites just to get an idea and fill space but i have been going through it and putting my own twist on it. Some stuff i will need to remove also.

My logo is still in production, went over to fiverr to see if they can make a better design than me lol.

Anyway, thoughts and criticism welcome.

i read on your site that you are dissing the trad , id not do that if i was you

going wfp you wont be squeaking any windows either , now will you

i read on your site that you are dissing the trad , id not do that if i was you
going wfp you wont be squeaking any windows either , now will you
I see your point, I didn't mean to diss trad, just wanted to make it known that WFP was the rout I was going.

Will re-word it, thanks

hi Anthony just going to be honest and not saying i am right

dont like it from start to finish and would recommend @Njones on here to sort ya

good luck :thumbsup:

(Sorry, i know im a bit tongue in cheek with comments sometimes, so don't take it personally),

But the website, it's all wrong.

Really there's not much good there mate

Try and go real simple.

It will work better for you.

Make sure all the links can be seen in one view without having to scroll to see more of them.

Have a few short pages.

Personally I would leave out all the false hype.

Its window cleaning not medical research.

Be succinct.
clear.png

Definitely ditch the trad bashing part, particularly if you're going to offer that service a few lines down. /emoticons/biggrin.png

The bit at the top has no real reference to window cleaning, so I had to scroll down to find out what you do.

Get rid of the company director part. From your writings underneith it is very clear you're just a one man band, so don't try and act otherwise.

Don't give people the option to skip a clean, it will cost you dearly, and you'll get messed about a lot.

Your frequency of visits is too vague: you're telling them you are monthly, but then saying you'll come whenever. By all means give them options, but don't give them open season to dictate your work schedule.

Hope that helps mate. No one likes hearing critisism of their work, but in the case of this you'll be glad folk have helped you see things from another perspective. :thumbsup:

Personally I'm not a big fan of the huge parallax pages - yes they look awesome on a big HD monitor with decent broadband, but on a smartphone or tablet you can have very long loading & rendering times and waaaaaayy too much scrolling to find the info you want. /emoticons/wink.png

I'm just used to building content rich websites.

my next attempt will be a bit more minimal. Maybe a few links to hidden pages that describe WFP systems for the potential customer that may want to know more

Content rich is good - just keep it on separate pages for faster loading/rendering & quicker navigation.

DONT have a page about "How WFP works" - it will lower your conversion rates,.. sometimes because some people don't like WPF, sometimes because ppl have never heard of it & will think you're taking the mick, but mostly because its irrelevant.

You're not selling a technique or a system,.. you're not even selling a window cleaning service - - You're selling YOURSELF as a service provider. Focus on guaranteeing quality and customer satisfaction, attention to detail, reliability, friendly staff - this is what your website visitors will find most appealing.

Include photos of yourself "on the glass" and of your van etc - personalise the siet to maximise the conversion rates. /emoticons/wink.png

So far got 10 customers, all friends and family lol, well except one. He is my friends neighbour :whistle:
I'm doing them all trad for now as wont be getting my WFP trolley until the new year and then the Van etc when my accident claim is sorted (got hit by a car in May, totaled my motorbike, popped by shoulder and elbow, and broken my collar bone which still hasn't fully healed yet ..... even after 2 operations.

Anyway. I thought id start the ball rolling a bit more now i'm making a little money and build my website etc.

what do you think so far? www.squeakycleansolutions.co.uk it's still a work-in-progress but a few hours over the next few days will see it finished.

Yes, the name is a little ...... well ...... feminine ...... blame the future wife :itwasntme: ......... this is the only input she wanted to have and is now fired from the firm lol.

Still need to do more work on it, it is mobile friendly, needs a bit more tweaking and is better viewed on a PC or Laptop to appreciate it fully. I have stole some of the wording from other sites just to get an idea and fill space but i have been going through it and putting my own twist on it. Some stuff i will need to remove also.

My logo is still in production, went over to fiverr to see if they can make a better design than me lol.

Anyway, thoughts and criticism welcome.
All I'm getting a light blue logo, top left and a bloke digging a hole. Tell me there's more.......

Why has the name got 'solutions' on the end of it?

Is it the kind of soap you use? Squeaky clean solution.

You could poss make a strapline from that?

Bom.... Tchhs... Ba.bom....tchhs

We don't use soap

Cause it ain't that dope

But we can use a pole

Cause were cleanin' for ya' Ho

Don't settle for the others

Cause they ain't got a hope

Let's start a revolution

Use ' Squeaky Clean Solutions'

Bom.... Tchhs......' Squeaky Clean Solutions' :cool:

You could make an audio soundtrack and have it playing in the background on a loop in your website.

/emoticons/biggrin.png

Last edited:
All I'm getting a light blue logo, top left and a bloke digging a hole. Tell me there's more.......
No, it's under construction as im re-designing the site lol, general sensus basically said it was **** lol, there is more, its just not yet published

@PTWC

As stated the missus came up with the name, i'm just going to use SCS as the logo rather than having the whole name. It's just there as a temporary measure for the moment.

I also like your rap, i wish to purchase a copy lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Back