Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Velux&skylight Cleaning

WCF

Help Support WCF:

wilgold

Could someone please help? I seem to have issues cleaning these windows! Am I the only one?

I did a house the other day with 6 velux and when I went to do the insides the results were shocking! What's the best way to clean these? Anyone no of any videos or fancy making one as it maybe helpful to others. Thanks guys

these can be hard to do a times,

i put brush on glass

turn water on

brush loads of times over window

lift brush off glass and rinse from the top down slowly

if first clean i go over them for a 2nd time.

i think its cause there's no seals as such, algae and moss and bits of all sorts manifests itself in the edges and especially along the top edge. on their 1st clean i get like a big scrubbing brush and scrub out all the edges then rinse, rinse and rinse some more then they are all good

I just go inside and flip them round now. It's quicker I feel...
can be a bugger doing this, for reaching them. one custy asked me to this but had laminate flooring and i didn't fancy putting ladders off the laminate and she didn't like the idea of my spikes on her lovely laminate either :lol:

I tell my customes i do then but dont really charge as they dont come up great. Remember most wasnt dont at all when ladders was used. So customers just happy there washed over. Same with windows above conservtes , cant always do a great job as its difficult to put some force on windows to rub dirt off.

these can be hard to do a times,
i put brush on glass

turn water on

brush loads of times over window

lift brush off glass and rinse from the top down slowly

if first clean i go over them for a 2nd time.
Just starting to use my system and practiced yesterday on neighbours house, quite dirty at first and when I finished they was worse ? After the second clean they was much better, is it the norm on first cleans to do it twice ? And on the second clean( in a months time ) is it much easier ?

Cheers

Easer doing them from the inside if access and height is not an issue but on filthy ones cleaned from the outside I apply detergent first and scrub then rinse well with pure. If you have a hot water wfp system then can make the job go much quicker cutting through the grime.

You will learn that just using pure cold water is not as good as they make out on filthy first cleans :rolleyes:

Barn conversions tend to have a few like this one that has ten also gable windows too. The other gable end you cant see is a full gable end picture window. These are all cleaned from the outside using hot wfp and detergent if need be. /emoticons/wink.png

View attachment 1657

View attachment 1658

Cheers guys I've had another one to do this morning so I've tried a different approach.

Got the old mop and blade out cleaned them using an ext pole. I then cleaned using wfp. Seems 2 work but took f'in ages!

Back