Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

First Cleans?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

masonc536

Does anyone use ubik 2000 or similar on window frames to help make the first clean easier? Will it effect the glass?

It will if it dries out on the glass and/or you don't rinse it off properly. That goes for any other strong chem people use.

I'm finding the Tecbuk boars hair great on first cleans although If I can I'd rather do it trad. Bit drawn out but actually quicker than just trad I'm finding I like to give a good scrub and rinse with the boars hair then go up and take off any bad marks on the frames by hand. Just a perfectionist and once it's done it's done.

Using a wfp water heater be it gas or diesel also makes first cleans quicker using warm/hot water. /emoticons/wink.png

I used the Tecbuk boars hair yesterday on a conny roof. Hooked up to the outside tap and blasted it. The only brush I've got with pencil jets in and boy did the water fly out.

Anyone who hasn't got a Tecbuk boars hair, get one!

Back