Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Final trailer pics

WCF

Help Support WCF:

keir

I totally forgot to post a few pics of my trailer since i finished modifying it, so seen as it was a nice day and i finished early with the water left, i cleaned the car and canvas and took some pics

looks good the one thing about traler systems is if ur car brakes down u can use the wifes till urs gets fixed;)/emoticons/biggrin.png

That's another option for me too to get a tow bar fitted to the wifes car as I'm buggered if I can't find a decent van to replace my knackered one /emoticons/biggrin.png

Yep, but we only have one car between us, but a few mates have towbars so i would nick their cars instead

Tuffers, the ladders are only like that because i had just been in the boot,so i slackened the clamp and slid them back a bit. But its very rare i take ladders nowadays

how far does the ladder stick out? Some daft bugger could walk into it by the looks of it.
Actually that's a good point.

I'm sure I seen somewhere that there is an actual limit for carrying objects that are longer than the length of the vehicle.....and as this is a trailer I think that limit is 'ZERO'.

If I was you Keir, I'd check with VOSA....just to be on the safe side.

That's why I did not mention the ladder as I knew you would have more commence sense than that.:thumbsup:

Yep, but we only have one car between us, but a few mates have towbars so i would nick their cars instead
Tuffers, the ladders are only like that because i had just been in the boot,so i slackened the clamp and slid them back a bit. But its very rare i take ladders nowadays

If i remember correctly from my driving instructing days, its if an object projects more than 2m it then requires a flag type to warn other road users. But i will check, but when carrying the ladders they usually stick out about 12" and drift over the top of the car, thats why the front rack is higher than the back one, which also allows clearance for when i drive up hill/down hills so the ladders dont hit the roof of the car.

Also when i get to work the days i take the ladders, i take them off and put them in a custies garden laid down until they are needed, because otherwise they are in the way for me to get in the trailer to remove poles or get to the controller.

But thats what i love about this forum, you fella's keeping us all on our toes and keeping us all professional hahaha

Looks very good mate. I reckon a lick of paint on the trailer, and a bit of signage would make it stand out nicely. :thumbsup:

Back