Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Some People Are So Rude

WCF

Help Support WCF:

rugbywolf

I finished cleaning the windows, and the lady came out to pay me the ten pounds due. she gave me eight pounds and said "I'll have to owe the two pounds until next time". I thought, and nearly said, would you go into Saisbury's and say that at the till, not bloody likely. I don't mind her owing the two quid, it's the assumption she made that angered me.

Put her price up by £1 per clean. Blame rise in petrol cost, water cost, insurance cost, or that you want a new pair of shoes, whatever.

He who laughs last...

Funny, i had this yesterday, was only a fiver job, she gave me 60p. i said thats £5 please. So she grabbed a load of change and there was £2.20 there. I said just another 2.80 please, She tried giving me a pack of fags, lol. I said not to worry, you can pay me the rest next time.

I finished cleaning the windows, and the lady came out to pay me the ten pounds due. she gave me eight pounds and said "I'll have to owe the two pounds until next time". I thought, and nearly said, would you go into Saisbury's and say that at the till, not bloody likely. I don't mind her owing the two quid, it's the assumption she made that angered me.

Funny, i had this yesterday, was only a fiver job, she gave me 60p. i said thats £5 please. So she grabbed a load of change and there was £2.20 there. I said just another 2.80 please, She tried giving me a pack of fags, lol. I said not to worry, you can pay me the rest next time.
No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No,

No,

No,

No,

No,

No,!!

If you do this from experiance (Cause I have had this before) they will forget that they owe you and make out it was time before last that they owed you etc etc!!!!

Oh dear me.... /emoticons/ohmy.png I know times are hard but why keep getting messed about like that?

I must admit when i was cleaning, i would give them the benefit of doubt the first time, but if they kept messing me about they would be dropped.

Think you need to chillax. If they give you what they have then what's the problem? I suppose if they know you are coming then that is a bit different.

This customer I mentioned is not a bad payer, or anything like that, and I don't want to loose her because it's in a row, she probably didn't think. But if I was to say anything, she would probably get funny with me. C'est la vie.

Or take up smoking /emoticons/biggrin.png
I do smoke, But was not gonna take a old ladies fags cos she did not have the money.Its bad enough i took her last £2.20. Wish i gave it back now.
For the sake of £2 im not to bothered. She has never done it b4, plus last time i went she gave me a fiver tip.

I have had worse customers that i collect on and they dont have the money. Part of the job i suppose. Maybe when i have 500+ customers i can be choosey, but untill then. Glad to just have customers.

Was just kidding about the smokes as you know your customers best /emoticons/wink.png

Bless her I would have done the same....

Chill out guys! Some people are really struggling these days, so if they don't have the full payment on the day, why not work with them. If this happens to me (and it does) I either let them pay what they can there and then and the rest next time, or let them pay x amount a week until it is paid off.

John

Got several customers who have credit with us. Some times they pay off a tenner, fiver, twenty or just three quid.

Doesn't bother me in the slightest

unless you book your window cleaning appointments in you cant get the hump if a custy doesnt have cash on them, people are busy and not always expecting you on a certain day. roll it over to next time and collect double, or pop back next time your in the area, no big deal at all

Back