Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

12 Month Contracts

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Tuffers

One of my customers said to me last week that her friend asked how much I charge. She said £10, her friend said she paid £20 for a 2 bed terrace! The windy also got her to sign a 12 month contract. This means he can clean her windows come rain or shine. I've heard of another windy doing this. Anyone do similar?

Sounds like a great plan contracts. Would a breach of contract be worth pursuing in the small claims court. ? Not worth the paper they are written on if you think about it.

Sounds like they need to force customers to stay rather than letting the quality of work sealing the deal

If you are meticulous then you won't ever need a contract.

dont know how they get away with it you cant even get commercials to sign a contract??

i see the idea in it but how they do it ill never know.

It's easy to find vulnerable people if you knock enough doors. This is why I never door knock, I'm sure that there are some regulations regarding that. I don't break the law.

It's easy to find vulnerable people if you knock enough doors. This is why I never door knock, I'm sure that there are some regulations regarding that. I don't break the law.
do you just drop flyers mate?
how many custys have you had this way?

i drop all the time 1st year had loads of call last year about 2 and only wanted 1 off cleans:(?

We messed up on a house last year, we got wires crossed and i ended up giving her a quote for £22 for £10 a house.

She accepted it over the phone, went to clean it and i was like where are the other windows. She was like thats it.

Rang office, and someone has messed up like i said.

I said to her, didn't you think to question the price? She was like you was £3 cheaper than last company. Nearly passed out. She rang us, as she was out of "contract" (again what the hell)

I reduced her price to £10 and she has been happy every since. But and a big but here. We worked out yesterday, this one customer has landed us 5 jobs. A £55 house, a £25 house a £15 house and two £10's So it paid to be honest. And she makes a wicked cup of tea, and i get cakes lol /emoticons/biggrin.png

nice1 damo mate,its great when it pans out like that.
We do have a few customers who have got us work. Tbh i do need to bite the bullet and clean for free once. I know its giving money away, but at least they would know we appreciate it.

I may do a discount scheme instead.

either that mate or get them a bottle of plonk or a thanks card.people love **** like that.
Oh i like that! Thats a great idea.

I could get the cards printed on moon pig or something. Get like a batch of 10.

Women could get wine and blokes could get scotch or something! 99% of the times its women lol!

Flyers is all I do. Good response and then recommendations. Customer service is key to success. People buy from people. I drop 100 get around 6 new customers within days then some upto 6 months later on. My hot system is the first in my town though.

Flyers is all I do. Good response and then recommendations. Customer service is key to success. People buy from people. I drop 100 get around 6 new customers within days then some upto 6 months later on. My hot system is the first in my town though.
No wonder ur doin well;) lol

Back