Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Di vessel

What's your tap PPM, and using two DI bottles,, there is for and against this type set up any ways? You will have to use a RO system by the sounds of things unfortunately unless you can source pure locally

Sounds like you have a small DI Vessel or very low grade resin as with high grade Tulsion MB 115 with 15 litre vessel would come out at 000 ppm.Yes double Di would be good but you do need an RO system. And what expert was that !

Sounds like you have a small DI Vessel or very low grade resin as with high grade Tulsion MB 115 with 15 litre vessel would come out at 000 ppm.Yes double Di would be good but you do need an RO system. And what expert was that !
I use a 7 litre vessel

Resin I got is TULSION MB115 VIRGIN POLYMER MIXED BED RESIN BEADS 25 LITRE

I spoke to gardiner pole systems

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

try a lower flow of water through the di-it may last a while longer mate,i'm ro-di so i'm no expert on these things,a second vessell would make the resin last a tad longer and probably the route i would go down until you get more work,when you get more work thats when the ro would come in handy as you will have the di vessells to make it all work

If you slowed the flow rate down you would then get 000 ppm as the volume is too small with high ppm. For input of around 100 to 200 ppm then 11 litres anything above you need a larger vessel as volume and contact time is key. This is under normal tap water flow rate 11 litres per minute. You can slow the flow rate to around 5 liters a minute and you should be okay.

Just bite the bullet mate an cough up on an R.O. If you don't use loads of water, a 300 gpd r.o isn't expensive and will probably save you money on expensive resin in the long run

try a lower flow of water through the di-it may last a while longer mate,i'm ro-di so i'm no expert on these things,a second vessell would make the resin last a tad longer and probably the route i would go down until you get more work,when you get more work thats when the ro would come in handy as you will have the di vessells to make it all work
That's what I Was thinking getting like a 11 litre di vessel? Just hooking them both up?

If you slowed the flow rate down you would then get 000 ppm as the volume is too small with high ppm. For input of around 100 to 200 ppm then 11 litres anything above you need a larger vessel as volume and contact time is key. This is under normal tap water flow rate 11 litres per minute. You can slow the flow rate to around 5 liters a minute and you should be okay.
It was outside tap just normal one I turned it about 1/4 of a turn

Still think was to much though. How you know when change the resin in bottle

Ibcleaningservices I decided I would go down the route of a double di as my tap water was 140ish ppm which was a bad mistake it cost me 80 odd quid for 2 11 litre di vessel and 75 for resin it lasted me about 2 months so I went to a 400 gpd ro from collins water products which was 139 pound which brings my ppm down to 0. In the long run you will save a fortune I wish I had of just listen to the guys on here.

Ibcleaningservices I decided I would go down the route of a double di as my tap water was 140ish ppm which was a bad mistake it cost me 80 odd quid for 2 11 litre di vessel and 75 for resin it lasted me about 2 months so I went to a 400 gpd ro from collins water products which was 139 pound which brings my ppm down to 0. In the long run you will save a fortune I wish I had of just listen to the guys on here.
Phillip how many litres of water did you get in those 2 months ?

Looks like the streamline filterplus 600 ro filter system

Is on its way. More money then I wanted to spend setting this all up but save loads in resin. And will push me to be able to do more difficult jobs so it's a win win situation really. Sometimes gotta spend money to earn money right

Cheers for all helps lads

Back