Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Help with plastic covered frames ...

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Natty1972

I've being asked to clean a new build , the problem is the windows where put in about 2 years ago and the owner have just asked for the plastic on the frames to be pulled off now , the windows are plastic with a blue plastic protective cover on the frames . I've spent most of the day peeling it off but I come across some frames where the blue stuff will not come off at all . I've tried hot water but the cold wind just cools it down too quick to peel anything off ... Anyone else come across this problem before. i was going to try a hair dryer to warm the covering a little but the owner was out and I was sick as a parrot by the end of the day ?????

Cheers Nathan

I feel your pain bro. I spent 5 hours cleaning windows like this inside and out today and have probably another 3 hours of the same before I finish tomorrow :confused:

600DB6AF-1A5B-43BA-98BB-234F1C35503A_zpsi9ix807g.jpg

Hi tuffers ,I peeled and cleaned a full conny and ten windows no problem . I've left six half done It was one of those days where I just wanted to sit in the van and scream .... I Should of taken a picture of the stuff ... I don't know why there left the stuff on for two bloody years ???

Hi tuffers ,I peeled and cleaned a full conny and ten windows no problem . I've left six half done It was one of those days where I just wanted to sit in the van and scream .... I Should of taken a picture of the stuff ... I don't know why there left the stuff on for two bloody years ???
I can't think of anything to get rid of it other than dissolving the blue plastic. How about uPVC solvent cleaner? Have you got any of that? It works on sellotape and stickers. It might help with your blue plastic? It usually peels off easily, but like you said it's been on for 2 years. I've never had a problem peeling it off like you have.

ya could try spraying small amount of virisol but take care with it as its strong stuff

Hot air gun? Maybe? The thermoplastic should give and thermoset polymer should remain. Maybe.

I think you will need hot air on it..

it brings back memories as I had to remove that and the stupid stickers on a load of new builds...hated it...

the plastic wasnt generally a problem but it does say on it ...

REMOVE AS SOON AS INSTALLED....

this I think is because the sun makes it stick on ...

The worst was on the very top bar of the window as it kept coming off in little strips but lucky they couldnt see it up there...

I was cleaning one the other day and wondered what the little blue lines where on the white that didnt come off and I think that they were off the plastic...

good luck anyway...if I get any more new build cleans...I will do a runner..

cracker tuffers...oh my arms ache looking at that.../emoticons/biggrin.png

Thank you chaps ,, I'll Nick the wife's hair dryer,,, I'll give it a go .. I'll report back for future reference. If not hot enough I'll buy a hot air gun ,,,, I'll google that ,,,, :thumbsup: I owe yous a digital pint :thumbsup:

I think you will need hot air on it..
it brings back memories as I had to remove that and the stupid stickers on a load of new builds...hated it...

the plastic wasnt generally a problem but it does say on it ...

REMOVE AS SOON AS INSTALLED....

this I think is because the sun makes it stick on ...

The worst was on the very top bar of the window as it kept coming off in little strips but lucky they couldnt see it up there...

I was cleaning one the other day and wondered what the little blue lines where on the white that didnt come off and I think that they were off the plastic...

good luck anyway...if I get any more new build cleans...I will do a runner..

cracker tuffers...oh my arms ache looking at that.../emoticons/biggrin.png
Shoulders are aching like **** Dave :cry:

And the outside are a mare, the seals are like a cardboard material and fluff gets stuck to the ends of the blade and you leave little lines on the glass because of it :mad:

I will have a care home to clean regularly out of it though :thumbsup:

worth it in the end...thats what I want to clean ...nice big old peeps homes and flats...but not so many this way.

I could do with going in a care home....

I just got up and the pain...no one else suffers the pain....it will go away with two days in my chair and of course...its tuffering day tomorrow...and a fry up afterwards../emoticons/biggrin.png

well its nearly spring...

That's why I said yes to clean this house , it's on a route and this house will give me a full day's work !!! If it wasn't in my interests , I would of said no

yep I did a loss leader like that this week ...just cause its on the road I have work....well you have to keep plugging away just like monopoly! we all want a full set.../emoticons/biggrin.png

worth it in the end...thats what I want to clean ...nice big old peeps homes and flats...but not so many this way.
I could do with going in a care home....

I just got up and the pain...no one else suffers the pain....it will go away with two days in my chair and of course...its tuffering day tomorrow...and a fry up afterwards../emoticons/biggrin.png

well its nearly spring...[/QUOT]

you like ya week ends c.n.c :clap:

Back