Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

new customers

WCF

Help Support WCF:

danny81

hello been on the site a few days now just been purely reading OK new to the job got trad equipment ready to go just need customers now lol from reading many posts guessing that door knocking is best also thinking have some cards with me so houses where no one in will post card through thinking of knocking mon to fri midday until 7 ish wondering if anyone can give any more advice got someone knocking with me also was wondering what would be a good average for the two of us knocking 7 hours per day 5 days per week any more advice would be very much appreciate thanks

get some flyers or bussiness cards made up i find flyers are better for getting customers cards to give to people you talk to ect i got 5k made when i started 8 weeks ago

cant say an average mate tbh as every area is diffrant

but i like to go out for 2-3 hrs doing flyers and aim for 1 cusomter out of the 3hrs i'm out sometimes u get more sometimes u get less

also u could have a site made for your area and add on gumtree ect

gd luck

get some flyers or bussiness cards made up i find flyers are better for getting customers cards to give to people you talk to ect i got 5k made when i started 8 weeks ago

cant say an average mate tbh as every area is diffrant

but i like to go out for 2-3 hrs doing flyers and aim for 1 cusomter out of the 3hrs i'm out sometimes u get more sometimes u get less

also u could have a site made for your area and add on gumtree ect

gd luck
thanks for advice much appreshiated hows thing going for you after 8 weeks

Better than i thought tbh mate iv got windows to do most days but oviosly i need more like anyone lol

i still got a normal job from 7am till 11 am and do windows from 11 till when ever i finish that day :]

personally iv got a 2 year plan to be full time

so this year i'm aiming for around 100 customers so thats this april till next set myself a target to turn over 7k first financial year for a bit of fun as i love figures

oviosly i will try my hardest to beat this lol

then next year hit around 150-200 customers and be fully reliant on windows for my income so no PAYE job.

if your serious about doing it id suggest

registering self employed

pay ni

get some public liability insurance

get some t shirts with your name on

maby a website

and then get hunting for customers

work is out there just got to find it bit like fishing lol

good one Welsh, but the website is not a critical issue in the first month or so. use GUMTREE, I only put a add on there last week for the first time and got a one-off... customers seem to use it a lot. my add has 400 views or clicks.

no its not critical actually far from it but its nice to have and thay cheap enough tbh aint they

plus i love the net so nice to have my own little bit also getting onto the first page of google for your area can only be a good thing imo

ya iv tryed gumtree got me 2 jobs in 2 months now worth it coz its free :]

also Facebook is good thats got me 4-5 jobs so far and thats free :]

hello been on the site a few days now just been purely reading OK new to the job got trad equipment ready to go just need customers now lol from reading many posts guessing that door knocking is best also thinking have some cards with me so houses where no one in will post card through thinking of knocking mon to fri midday until 7 ish wondering if anyone can give any more advice got someone knocking with me also was wondering what would be a good average for the two of us knocking 7 hours per day 5 days per week any more advice would be very much appreciate thanks
Good idea door knocking but bear in mind from midday till prob about 4ish a lot of people may not be in so it will prob be a lot of flyers between 12 & 4 of which if you get roughly 3 jobs from 500 you'd have done well. In my experience I've had calls up to 6 months after delivering them. All the best with it.

nearly there paul just me begin slow with pics tbh is holding me back from showing you lol

thanks for all the good advice taking it all in few things in mind now think i may go knocking between 4 and 730 then hopefully cleaning windows in the day thanks

Welcome to the world of window cleaning!!

Knocking is the way to go. Yes prob most people be out during the day, but you will still get some people in, maybe old people who don't like opening the door at ***ht.. If you have the time, why not, you will get the customers quicker!

I had an idea a while back and have been using it in 1 area in canvassing at the no. I wrote down all the streets and house numbers in 2 books, 1 book odd, 1 book even, then when calling I was able to mark off if they want done, or not, or leave blank if no one in, and I knew where to call back to. I done this because I was going to go during the day like you. Good luck

Personally I wouldn't knock during the day, I would just do 6 - 8pm. It has to be something you can live with, and knocking all day when most people will not be in, will be a waste and only dishearten you. Stick to flyers during the day, get in and speak to shop owners etc.

thanks for good advice everyone think i will defo go knocking 4 untill 8 hopefully after 4 people will be in coz of just picked kids up from school gives me 20 hours a week knocking can only hope /emoticons/smile.png

danny,

just to give you some insight into knocking, I was out last week, for two hours with one of my lads and we picked up 12 customers. I went out this week and we picked up 2. So try not have any pre-conceptions about how many you can pick-up with knocking. There really isn't any guarantees, its just something you have to do.

Best of luck mate, let us know how you get on.

Hey, what i do is make flyers which make the customers stick to inside window then wen you go to collect leaflets u know by looking at which house wants a window cleaning

Saves time and better then knocking a few days later at each house u dropped leaflets plus ppl could be away etc

Hey, what i do is make flyers which make the customers stick to inside window then wen you go to collect leaflets u know by looking at which house wants a window cleaning
hi there just wondering how effective this method is, how many custys u reckon u get on average per thousand, i quite like this idea as im just starting up and i just cant bring myself to knock on someones door as yet. id much much rather knock knowing they actually want me there, im hoping ill get a bit more confidence once iv been doing it a while but this sounds a good way for me to start.

hi there just wondering how effective this method is, how many custys u reckon u get on average per thousand, i quite like this idea as im just starting up and i just cant bring myself to knock on someones door as yet. id much much rather knock knowing they actually want me there, im hoping ill get a bit more confidence once iv been doing it a while but this sounds a good way for me to start.
I use to hate going to knock people's doors, but once you call to a few it gets better and easier, and you will enjoy it when you see you can make quick money. At the start I was doing flyers drops and cards but I quickly realised this was a waste of time and money. You will pick up ones here and there but nothing like you will get from knocking doors.

You need to go get the work cos it dosent come looking for you and with window cleaning becoming a popular jOb now, go get them before someone else does

good one Welsh, but the website is not a critical issue in the first month or so. use GUMTREE, I only put a add on there last week for the first time and got a one-off... customers seem to use it a lot. my add has 400 views or clicks.
I think a website is a must and should be one of the first things you set up i have just got home and looked at my e-mails a (commercial job) had just got in touch i know the place got to be a £100 job if i get it then i also find i often get some of the employees .What i am saying is the good jobs like to look for a professional company and where do they look on the net

Back