Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Diy Van Mount Advice Please....

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Shine Window Cleaning

I am currently constructing a list of equipment that I will need to build a DIY van mount system. I have a LWB Vauxhall Vivaro, and a WFP trolley with resin canisters on. I am planning on 'cannabilising' the trolley and installing a flat 650 litre tank and RO system in too the van. Can someone who has perhaps constructed their own DIY van mount system assist me with a list so I can start estimating costs etc please?

Water tank

pump

controller,

hose reel

hose + some for plumbing of tank and pump/s

wfp

all relevent pump and hose fittings.

ro filter, pre filters and di vessel (either in van or static at home and transfer water to van).

Basic list i`m sorry. Shop around for best deals, but dont scrimp on a good RO membrane 4040 preferably.

Water tank

pump

controller,

hose reel

hose + some for plumbing of tank and pump/s

wfp

all relevent pump and hose fittings.

ro filter, pre filters and di vessel (either in van or static at home and transfer water to van).

Basic list i`m sorry. Shop around for best deals, but dont scrimp on a good RO membrane 4040 preferably.
thats some great pointers thanks. I have the pre-filters /controller/pump on my trolley, so I'm hoping to use these into my set-up. I'm not really that technically minded but had a similar system few years back. I'm hoping to follow some 'how to' videos on how to install myself- is this do-able to attempt yourself? Professional instal seems extortionate!!

What sort of trolley have you got? What pump and controller is on it?
i have a Polar Brite trolley with resin canisters attached/flow contoller(although might need changing/refurb as on/button keeps sticking!), battery and 100psi pump. I'm hoping to 'cannabilise' and use in my van-mount system!

Is it a shurflo 100psi pump? If so, what I would do, is just install a tank in the van.. Giving me the choice, trolley or can mount.. You would need 100m of microbore too.. What size of battery is in the trolley? Just put a split charge relay in it and charge as you drive.. Never have to charge in the house... Also at this time of the year, you would be able to just disconnect hoses and bring your trolley/portable can mount indoors out of the cold so you will never freeze up either!!

Is it a shurflo 100psi pump? If so, what I would do, is just install a tank in the van.. Giving me the choice, trolley or can mount.. You would need 100m of microbore too.. What size of battery is in the trolley? Just put a split charge relay in it and charge as you drive.. Never have to charge in the house... Also at this time of the year, you would be able to just disconnect hoses and bring your trolley/portable can mount indoors out of the cold so you will never freeze up either!![/quote

hmm....! That's quite an interesting idea Mr. Belfast as I could do it in stages as £££ is a factor. The pump is called 'Flojet' (not Surflo), but it is is 100psi and the battery is only a diddy one (aprox half the size of car battery). Not sure what the power is but the front reads 'Haze Battery code no: HZB-EV12-18 Deep Cycle'. Would it be better to invest in a Surflo pump and another battery do u think?

thats some great pointers thanks. I have the pre-filters /controller/pump on my trolley' date=' so I'm hoping to use these into my set-up. I'm not really that technically minded but had a similar system few years back. I'm hoping to follow some 'how to' videos on how to install myself- is this do-able to attempt yourself? Professional instal seems extortionate!! [/quote']Did all my own installation and I knew nothing about wfp... basically secure the tank, have a feed from tank to pump(inline strainer or other filter depending on how you install), pump to hose. battery to pump and controller (fit a relay saves alot of messing later).Either fit a connection to allow water into the tank or just remove lid to fill.....VAN DONE.

Filter system at home with connection to fit whatever you did in van. Transfer or direct fill.

Is it a shurflo 100psi pump? If so, what I would do, is just install a tank in the van.. Giving me the choice, trolley or can mount.. You would need 100m of microbore too.. What size of battery is in the trolley? Just put a split charge relay in it and charge as you drive.. Never have to charge in the house... Also at this time of the year, you would be able to just disconnect hoses and bring your trolley/portable can mount indoors out of the cold so you will never freeze up either!![/quote

hmm....! That's quite an interesting idea Mr. Belfast as I could do it in stages as £££ is a factor. The pump is called 'Flojet' (not Surflo), but it is is 100psi and the battery is only a diddy one (aprox half the size of car battery). Not sure what the power is but the front reads 'Haze Battery code no: HZB-EV12-18 Deep Cycle'. Would it be better to invest in a Surflo pump and another battery do u think?
I have only used shurflo, but have heard the flojet pumps are just as good.. Is there a strainer on it? Might be an 18ah, not sure. I use to use a 20ah battery for a van mount with a relay on it, never ever ran out on me. They are only about £30, and relays about £15.. Has your trolley ever ran out during the day? And do you do much driving during the day?

you have the same van as me and I built my own set up , I made loads of videos which are one hear somewhere which might help you

Did all my own installation and I knew nothing about wfp... basically secure the tank, have a feed from tank to pump(inline strainer or other filter depending on how you install), pump to hose. battery to pump and controller (fit a relay saves alot of messing later).

Either fit a connection to allow water into the tank or just remove lid to fill.....VAN DONE.

Filter system at home with connection to fit whatever you did in van. Transfer or direct fill.
that sounds nice and straight forward-definitely worth a go myself(with the aid ofsome 'how to' vids) rather than fork out 2k plus! Thanks!

you have the same van as me and I built my own set up , I made loads of videos which are one hear somewhere which might help you
thanks mate- ill have a rummage around for them. Does the van need to be ply-lined to aid warmth retention, as floor needs treating anyways?

ame="Shine Window Cleaning" post="87815" timestamp="1358781342"]

I have only used shurflo, but have heard the flojet pumps are just as good.. Is there a strainer on it? Might be an 18ah, not sure. I use to use a 20ah battery for a van mount with a relay on it, never ever ran out on me. They are only about £30, and relays about £15.. Has your trolley ever ran out during the day? And do you do much driving during the day?
no there's no strainer on it so would need to get. TBH I see package price of £140 odd for Surflo 100psi pump/strainer/Varistream controller and am tempted as news strainer and controller buttons on trolley bit dicey. What is a relay for battery? Is that a second battery that is trickle charged from van battery mate?

Yea mate just charges your battery from the van..

Cleaning spot .co.uk have a pump and controller package that has a built in relay.. Not sure how much it was tho

Did all my own installation and I knew nothing about wfp... basically secure the tank, have a feed from tank to pump(inline strainer or other filter depending on how you install), pump to hose. battery to pump and controller (fit a relay saves alot of messing later).

Either fit a connection to allow water into the tank or just remove lid to fill.....VAN DONE.

I was thinking exactly same layout only difference being was a DI resin bottle between pump and hose for final 'polish' before exit. My RO will be on board (and my PPM is something ridiculous like 250-300ppm), but not sure at what stage in this set-up and if I would require a additional pump to minimise filling time from tap?

thanks mate- ill have a rummage around for them. Does the van need to be ply-lined to aid warmth retention, as floor needs treating anyways?
No problem I ply lined the van first then I fiberglass the floor which will now last forever

Back